Answers

April 15, 2017 08:20AM
Felar means:
* Feral growl and catnip. Shifters don't have a lot of ways to improve their damroll while in form -- gearing for dam doesn't work.
* More hp than a human. Less hp than a gnome, but unlike gnomes you can be good or evil. I utterly despise being neutral; your mileage may vary.
* Less vulnerable out of form because paws of the cheetah. I once played a felar shifter (Aronar) who didn't shapeshift at all and I was still able to tank the destructor (for an invoker who couldn't tank but fried it with spells from behind my back).

Double util means:
* You don't get a penalty to your minor focus forms. Solid 20 per tick for both of your top tier forms (17 with muscle memory).
* Having two different foci can result in wildly different combos depending on what forms you get. Some of them are unplayable. Double utility is pretty much guaranteed to yield a playable combo, at least for my playstyle; again, your mileage may vary.
* Utility is the only focus where there are many useful lesser forms, and going double util maximizes your chances to get sweet stuff such as mantis, giant leech or two-humped camel (Laeden had all three and used them all extensively at hero).
Subject Author Posted

What to play next...

Welverin April 13, 2017 06:39AM

Play a simple, reliable build other than paladin.

Murphy April 13, 2017 09:30PM

I've played a couple shifters that I really liked.

Welverin April 15, 2017 07:25AM

Answers

Murphy April 15, 2017 08:20AM

Felar is ugly

Kstatida April 15, 2017 08:11AM

Re: I've played a couple shifters that I really liked.

saagkri April 15, 2017 07:37AM

Also, best thing about shapeshifters is forms are impervious to things like thieves, grappleweapon, melkartha, etc. (n/t)

Murphy April 14, 2017 10:40AM

Try something unusual

Kstatida April 13, 2017 07:22AM

So, assassin basically? Or badass staff-spec friar? (n/t)

Murphy April 13, 2017 09:03PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 144
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 161 April 28, 2024