Re: 2 questions about thieves

August 19, 2017 03:27PM
Thug, binder or poisoner. Trapper and Pickpocket are largely defensive. Poisoner is considerably more of a pain in the ass to get right, as the thief.

Pre-trance you have a strong advantage against assassins, unless you're outgunned in terms of gear and skills. Especially assassins with a vuln. As the thief, you're probably human.

If you start with a knock out attempt and fail, you just run away. Most times you'll want to start with a knockout attempt unless the assassin really, really sucks, which case you might either backstab or just trip spam him to death.

That's what people are missing about the matchup. Assassin can't really keep thief around. So thief takes his shots. Most of them probably don't work. Some do. Ideally he does this with very little risk to himself.

Post-trance, for the most part you'll need to get the drop on the assassin and knock him out before he sees you and trances. Easier said than done, depending on how paranoid the assassin is.

Pick some top-tier thieves and load up their PBFs. Check out their records vs. assassins. I just looked up a few and the tend to have better PK% against assassins than they do overall.
Subject Author Posted

2 questions about thieves

frob August 10, 2017 02:46PM

asker August 19, 2017 03:27PM

I object re: trappers

Kstatida August 20, 2017 10:22PM

I'll toss my two cents here, but I'm by no means a thief expert

TheShamanman August 10, 2017 04:20PM

Mace gets some mileage but my experience is tat no midbie thief is going to stand up against kote or kans.

Rhyaldrin August 10, 2017 06:26PM

Tadam August 10, 2017 03:38PM

Yes, and I'd add a couple more things...

DuneTree August 10, 2017 04:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 59 October 25, 2015
Record Number of Guests: 143 August 28, 2015