Lowbie EQ Wiki questions (1-20)

December 14, 2007 08:30AM
As I stated before, I've been adding ID's to the wiki, specifically along the lines of adding extra gear for mages/bards. I had some questions:

Will there be a board at some point to discuss the wiki in particular and what should go there? While I personally am not going to write any actual guides, is anyone allowed to put anything they want in there following the rules or would it be better off to put a guide through a few revisions on the main board before adding it?

I'm going through the process of adding lowbie gear. While I think 'on the ground' and 'disarm mobs' options should be listed they shouldn't be the norm. I'm usually finding that weapons that are PK viable tend to be on slightly tougher mobs. Ideally I'm trying to add gear that is common race-specific gear, any gear that gives multiple +stat boosts or +2 or higher boosts and such. I have an idea what areas I want to scan and ID in but I could use suggestions on areas to search, and obviously said suggestions put my head on the chopping block for any of you who want to catch me preoccupied in the next few days. Just as a friendly competitive offer for those of you who think I'm an otherwise useless jackass.

Should ghost-runs and disarm gear be the norm? Should weapon material be listed? Should sub-par (under avg 14) weapons be added for their attack types in the hopes that enough +dam will make them viable? Should svs para/mental gear be listed at all? (I'm guessing no to this one because it falls outside the range of any attacks in 1-20 and also searching for niche saves gear should be an exploration project in and of itself, but many newer lowbie areas have some choice interesting gear I'm finding for these things.)

I've neglected to add copper values to some shop items but maybe they need it, as well as IDing to see what is useful. Should I add the copper values of the other items for bartering purposes since they are missing from nearly all the IDs?

Ideally, I think the ranking EQ should not only encompass a wide variety of options, but it should also be PK viable. Thus adding weaponry and saves gear goes towards that department, and bards need a few common instruments to at least match the repertoire, not get anything particularly powerful. I think anything you need to pray to find on the ground, requires detect invis, needs to be disarmed or requires a ghost-run should be the minimum and not the norm, chances are you're looking at this list to get at least half your slots filled by the time your ghost timer expires and many of these items are barterable for heals/other armor without listing the copper values.

Some of the Bazzaar gear warrants listing, but you'd need a valuable but otherwise practically worthless piece of gear to barter, which pretty much limits you to random race-specific stuff.

Basic PK preps such as flight, detect invis and whatnot are still far better off being explored for right? They are also usually in the vicinity of much of the gear I'm listing anyway...

Should I bother listing +mana and +con (+2 etc.) or should conjurers and rot victims be left to look for these things themselves the same as I'm thinking for para/mental?

And I guess the final question is how 'complete' should this be. To be fair, it's going to encourage exploration of the areas that these things are found in because there's other tidbits in the vicinity. I'm interested in making PK more interesting and varied as well as letting people (and myself) get these items once then figure out it doesn't take an hour to get them again. I don't want to be pissing all over any area writer's work either though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2007 08:36AM by Scrimbul.
Subject Author Posted

Lowbie EQ Wiki questions (1-20)

Scrimbul December 14, 2007 08:30AM

Valg and I talked about item lists a year or so back.

DurNominator(VIP) December 15, 2007 09:06PM

Phase 1 complete, see notes and comment here or change it yourself nt

Scrimbul December 14, 2007 04:53PM

Re: Lowbie EQ Wiki questions (1-20)

Yhorian(VIP) December 14, 2007 08:54AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024