Having had several empowered chars....(txt)

January 13, 2008 11:58AM
I'll give you a quick rundown on what I do.

Just to note, I've never had an Imm say anything negative about how I've approached this situation.

Few random notes to begin with:

1. Some Imms shrines can't be found before 11 due to the area they're in or the fact you can't even see the entrance until then. This is not the norm.

2. Some Imms, usually the ones whose shrines are listed above, don't even want to talk to you until you can enter their shrine.
- In this case, it's best to just rank/quest to 11 and then begin the process.
- I would still suggest having your role and desc in place at 1. (I've been empowered before w/out it, but why not go ahead and do this?)

Alright, typically I will roll the char, enter the role and desc, and then run around the academy for a couple of levels and at minimum finish the quest thats located there. Once this is done, I'll head to the empowering Imm's shrine. Sometimes I'll pray on the way to the shrine, something like GodX guide me in my journey to seek your house of worship. This alerts them to the fact you're looking for them, and you're on the way to see them.

*FIRST THING* I do is explore the shrine. Some shrines will actually have something in them that will tell you the best method of contacting the said Imm. It might be on an altar, in a desc somewhere, on a sign, etc. Might be a spoken command to a guardian or whatever.

Next, I'll send up a prayer to the Imm along the lines of GodX I come in prayer seeking your divine blessing as I quest against the purple crack monster of the great chicken noodle depths.

I'll wait a couple of minutes, and start to roleplay with whatever mob might be there, or whatever I've seen in the desc, etc. Give it a good ten minutes, if they can't or aren't able to get with you for whatever reason, this gives them time to do so. Also gives them time to read your role, desc, etc.

If you don't get a response, head back to the academy or whatever you're doing and continue to try and grab a few levels. Give them atleast another hour before you pray again. If you don't have an hour, at that point I'd send them some IC note that you seek them. Otherwise continue the process until its time for you to log out. At that time, send them the note.

I've ranked all the way to 20 a couple of times before I got empowered. I think the key to this is though is that you are actively seeking the Imm the entire time you do what it is you do. Don't run off and power rank to 20 in like 3 hours, but don't just sit there and do nothing either. Ranking is a chance to interact with others, preach, etc. If after a couple of log ins of not finding the Imm, send them an email and let them know you're looking for them. Usually they'll respond or they'll catch you IC soon after.

Few things to always keep in mind though:

Wizlist times are the best times to pray to them. If it will be at different times, best look for another Imm, or email them up front and see if they can work something.

Always check the forums, especially if the Imm has one to see if maybe they're out of town or busy at work that week. If so, hold of on your char or be prepared to have to wait.

I've actually had to wait almost 20 hours twice on empowerments, and most people aren't that patient on waiting, but in the end if you have to wait the Imm is usually more than accomodating for the wait you had.

Good luck, and hope this helps.
Subject Author Posted

If you aren't empowered as an empowerment class

Habbs January 13, 2008 10:25AM

Having had several empowered chars....(txt)

silencedstatik January 13, 2008 11:58AM

Good points here...and I will add..

lightmage January 13, 2008 02:45PM

Re: Good points here...and I will add..

Isildur(VIP) January 13, 2008 09:25PM

Note that in the past some imms have felt this was disrespectful of empowerment.

Death_Claw January 14, 2008 08:26AM

Re: Note that in the past some imms have felt this was disrespectful of empowerment.

Isildur(VIP) January 14, 2008 09:16AM

YOU can't imagine. Some imms can. n/t

Graham January 15, 2008 07:40AM

Re: Having had several empowered chars....(txt)

Habbs January 13, 2008 01:56PM

The imms contradict each other on this topic. n/t

Graham January 13, 2008 11:38AM

Dont play much. Write the note or email.

dervish January 13, 2008 10:40AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022