Which shapefocus for LEARNING pk and exploration

February 15, 2008 10:50AM
Ok- I want to try a shifter. I've read much of the forum material about them, and the wiki...but could use a more personal perspective on the subject. I want to be self reliant (at least for having a look around) so utility comes to mind, but I've heard that Utility forms are also fairly good at both offense and defense. Is this a myth?

Defense forms look nice, my concern is that whichever form I select for my minor focus may just be a sideshow and not entirely effective. My estimates based on available information lead me to think that Utility/Air, Utility/Offense, or Offense/Utility would be good for an overall good time, but Defense/Utility if I want to do explore areas later on. Any personal insight is greatly appreciated based upon your subjective experience, not on "what's on paper". The game and RP are all about perception and fun for me so that is infinitely more important.

on a side note...has anyone ever done Air/air? Or Offense/offense? I saw someone util/util and cannot imagine why.
Subject Author Posted

Which shapefocus for LEARNING pk and exploration

theFuzz February 15, 2008 10:50AM

I liked defense/offense. Bear in mind your minor forms are much more mana intensive.

zen February 15, 2008 11:32AM

I had very good luck with a utility/water shifter

baekthestorm February 15, 2008 03:45PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024