I had very good luck with a utility/water shifter

February 15, 2008 03:45PM
But that was before the greater enlivens and the changes to minor focuses to make them more mana intensive and such. But overall, I have to say it was a very good combination. And yes, Utility forms do tend to have very good offense and defense. Typically, a lot of the utility forms only seem to get two, maybe three attacks per round, where an offense might get three to six. But they make up for it usually with the 'utility' aspect, i.e., HP regen, ability to see hidden/camo, ability to hide, camo, sneak. Great defense, like the cheetah form, or wildcat is also very good, or was the last time I had it. For PK, offense may be the way to go. Especially if you get a good form like Lion or grizzled ram, where you put out massive damage to unsuspecting people, but defense is non-existent. Defense, in my experiences from my last shifter with a defense minor, just doesn't seem worth it unless it's your major and you can use the greater enlivens. But my forms all seemed relatively sub-par to me, personally.
Subject Author Posted

Which shapefocus for LEARNING pk and exploration

theFuzz February 15, 2008 10:50AM

I liked defense/offense. Bear in mind your minor forms are much more mana intensive.

zen February 15, 2008 11:32AM

I had very good luck with a utility/water shifter

baekthestorm February 15, 2008 03:45PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024