Re: PK Bard: Tragic or Romantic?

May 04, 2010 10:03AM
PK bards will depend moreso on cabal/race than their repertoire, deciding on romantic or tragic may depend on those two things quite a bit. If you want the strongest possible PK bard, it might be human imperial based on what I've seen and fought, though there have been some pretty tough bards in all the cabals except maybe trib, scion and fort that I can remember (and I'm sure there have been, just not since I've really been playing). Most of them used tragic if my memory serves. That's the draw of tragic, having fiends that kill sung up people quite frequently, and that kill protected people occassionally enough to make them wary. Romantic fiends can kill alone, but not as often I would say.

I would not bother with switching repertoires no matter what you pick. The bonus from preferred usually makes up a good difference, and carrying around extra instruments can be a nuisance. Additionally, you may end up taking edges based on your preferred which pump that up a little, so those benefits might also be lost when you switch. If your main concern is lullaby, tragic lands that easily enough that it is probably not worth switching all the time just to do it (and you would need the edge to switch more frequently probably- not expensive but still something you may have to take)

Given I'm not really good at PK, you may want to look for another's advice, but those are my thoughts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2010 10:07AM by zannon.
Subject Author Posted

PK Bard: Tragic or Romantic?

asker May 04, 2010 09:33AM

I like anything but comedic for PK

_Magus_ May 04, 2010 10:22AM

Re: PK Bard: Tragic or Romantic?

zannon May 04, 2010 10:03AM

I'd go outlander/tragic anything else romantic

ExPaladin(VIP) May 04, 2010 09:36AM

Re: I'd go outlander/tragic anything else romantic

asker May 04, 2010 09:47AM

Tragic is good at lullaby. Outlanders have chameleon. Tragic + Outlanders = ability to sleep without being hit first. (n/t)

_Magus_ May 04, 2010 10:19AM

The helpfile made me think Lullaby was more Romantic.

asker May 04, 2010 10:32AM

Me too. As to my reasoning, I figure as an outlander I'd be going for more fiend kills

ExPaladin(VIP) May 04, 2010 10:36AM

Re: Me too. As to my reasoning, I figure as an outlander I'd be going for more fiend kills

asker May 04, 2010 10:39AM

The timer on switching repertoires is extremely long.

ExPaladin(VIP) May 04, 2010 10:43AM

Re: The timer on switching repertoires is extremely long.

asker May 04, 2010 10:54AM

If you are going to rely on fiend as kill sealer(which is far from easy now)

alex May 04, 2010 10:59AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 155
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024