I'll post a longer response since I consider myself an orc expert....

April 08, 2011 07:16AM
Your (meaning anyone) opinion on whether or not I am an expert does not matter to me at all.

These are the skrugga skills and my opinion of them:

Cower 35

The last time I had this with Srithra (I think) it was *not* like having a third defense
(If you consider parry and dodge on an orc 2 defenses, which it is not. It is really closer to having 1).
Even beat all to hell (below orc wimpy) cower was still crap, and I still defended like crap. Here's a log with some evidence of how often it fired for Srithra: [www.qhcf.net] (I'll give you a hit. Not at all)
Allegedly it's been tweaked up (when not so hurt) since Srithra. I still wouldn't count on defending better than a brick.

Improved Flee 38

This moves you two rooms... every time. When blinded (even with dirt kick) I found this to be seriously detrimental in determining just where the fuck I was. So much so that given the choice, I would have turned it off.

Take Cover 40

If this shit works more than once in a great while, you need it at a high percentage, but I never got that, having no where to practice it. Don't think you can fight invokers (honestly who else is it good for?) because of it. That shit will get you killed.

Staff Defense 42

Congratulations, you can parry staffs now. Bad news, you still tank like a brick.

Dirty Fighting 45

I could not have been more underwhelmed with this skill. It's hard to perfect since you can't fight anything for long (see: tanks like brick) and the effects just aren't that great. I couldn't kill a dwarf with the *many* parting blow hair pulls I got, because they hit for like a dismem (instead of an actual strike with weapons). You do some spit thing that does absolutely nothing as far as I could determine (Nep seemed to think it would blind, but I saw no evidence of that). I honestly can't even remember any other effects because it is that shitty. I think you can do a concealed-ish attack after a cower (but not a weapon strike) but see the notes on cower (it sucks).

Honestly, I would never play a skrugga again. I've seen other orcs playing mundungu and thought "wow, that shit looks like it kinda sucks", and I would still chose it 100/100 times given the choice between mundungu and skrugga. Of course, barring the one time I'll roll a mundungu just to test, I'd chose mamlauk and shig-ru over the other two adapts every time, so not really an issue. IMHO skrugga is completely worthless.

If it were me, only shig-ru and mamlauk would be available at 35, and as chief you could choose to add mundungu or skrugga as a second adapt. I honestly think this wouldn't be overpowered. That is how bad I think skrugga (and mundunugu to a slight lesser extent) is.

I could comment on the set snares trap ingredient bones skrugga gets, or the potential +1 dex (to 19 woooooohooooo!), or the bonus to footstomp, but frankly, it isn't worth the time as all of those bonus don't add up to one useful skill, bringing the total for skrugga to 0 (I'm actually counting improved flee as -1 and the rest as adding up to 1).

Tac
Subject Author Posted

Considering my first Orc.

Jason Welch April 07, 2011 07:10PM

Some thoughts on Mamlauk and Shig-ru

laearrist April 08, 2011 07:51AM

Great info, thanks :) (n/t)

Rodriguez April 08, 2011 12:22PM

Imo, skrugga is underplayed.

EntropyGnome April 07, 2011 08:20PM

I'll post a longer response since I consider myself an orc expert....

laearrist April 08, 2011 07:16AM

I read that log...

Oldril April 08, 2011 11:44AM

Orc chief gets second adaptation?

Matrik April 08, 2011 08:02AM

No. They do not. (n/t)

laearrist April 08, 2011 08:04AM

Oh, I misread

Matrik April 08, 2011 08:07AM

Yes (n/t)

laearrist April 08, 2011 08:34AM

Ask daurwyn how his skrugga went, you'll change your mind. (n/t)

Scrimbul April 08, 2011 05:42AM

Huh? Skrugga worked well for me

daurwyn(VIP) April 08, 2011 07:39AM

What was the name of your skrugga again? I'm curious only (n/t)

laearrist April 08, 2011 07:53AM

Wazglarg

daurwyn(VIP) April 08, 2011 09:01AM

No PBF? Shame on you.

laearrist April 08, 2011 11:53AM

I still hate that edge.

sleepy April 08, 2011 09:05AM

Except for the fact that the autoskills suck, and you can't kill anyone.... sure. (n/t)

laearrist April 07, 2011 08:42PM

Improved flee can crush your hopes and dreams (n/t)

HairyOrangutan April 08, 2011 04:08AM

Agreed. It is at best a double edged sword. (n/t)

laearrist April 08, 2011 04:44AM

Almost every fcking skill an orc has is a double edged sword. (n/t)

sleepy April 08, 2011 08:55AM

Personally, I love skrugga.

Rhuean April 07, 2011 08:32PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 44
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024