Ankhran Gone

jmc
November 27, 2013 06:43PM
So, once again, the lull of the mud sucked me in. But test season is starting soon, and I have a shitload of catching up to do.

This character highlighted NOT to look at forums while mudding. Seriously, people bitching about this and pointing fingers without any understanding of shit turned a rather fun character to something where I had to think about whether I wanted to use this "op" whip. I guess it's a good thing that it was a strong contribution to deleting this character (need to study), but this is one of the things about the mud that really turns me off. The fact that I came to play a game just for the game itself, including interacting with players and whatnot, and people just bitching, moping and whining.

And before people compare this to other muds (AR and FL), at least those muds had a playerbase that was here to have FUN, not to be OCD psychos.

Sam, get a fucking hold of yourself. Holy fuck man, you sound like a jaded bitter old man. And don't give the excuse of "I want to make the game better". That's clearly just a cover for whatever other bullshit issues you're having. If you're being such a sourpuss, put that energy into something else.

Re: the whip, I actually really didn't know what it did until Gilut pointed out muddle to me. This was a few days ago. I initially used the whip for the parting blow effect and the 20% mana regen. I was going to go back to black flail of dark whispers, but thought that it would be an interesting RP thing to have it with me. After Cavani's death (See the log), however, I thought that it was pretty op. I prayed to the imms about getting it tweaked. Then I saw the log, and realized that Cavani is a dumbfuck who didn't put in commands at the last 4 rounds. So much about being "op". Bad bad bad case of RNG - kinda like getting deathblowed 4 times in a round. Further, the whip's programming probably netted me 2 or 3 kills.

Anyways, besides people going off OOC on me (in general, not necessarily the whip) and the forum issues, I had a lot of fun. After Venecfis, always wanted to get a beefy fire giant. Never had a successful Empire besides Vehldriss, and I was pretty confident that I would be emperor. But I know that if I became emperor, I would get ZERO studying done. So, although I didn't meet my goal of being emperor and getting the last two blessings, I'm calling it quits.

Avalusci - Loved your character man. To be frank, after you condied, I kinda lost part of the incentive to continue playing. It just wouldn't be the same.

Destuvius - If you read this, thanks for the chance. I could tell that you're new at being an imm, but keep it up. I do think you need a stronger grasp on rping with your followers though, but really, it's gonna come with time (also, I base this on rping with Eshval and Thor - they got their shit down).

Zhenyen - Never around, but a badass when you are. That last kill just now - stupid RNG fucked me with blind and not curing blind.

Rahzeez - Honestly, if I were to be emperor, I might've just promoted you to warmaster. Loved having you.

Ergoth - We worked good together, but you're never around. Didn't particularly like that.

Gharzeel - Lol at me "not rping". Go stick your broken english and 80% "rp speech" and shove it up your ass. Was going to start a coup against you eventually and get Destuvius to approve chopping you up.

Two healers - Man, you guys really started to understand how to be annoying towards the end. But relatively good job.

Voralia - Fun times. Wish I got to speak to you more.

Ogun - There are so many things you could do to make my life a living hell. But seriously, a whip + shield? Cmon man.

Gilut - Good fights. Had fun.

General Tribbie/Nexus/Outlander/Herald/Fort/Villager Crowd - good times.

Special mention to STSF - I hate you with a passion.

Final Note - Above all else, the playerbase is the one who is turning me off from playing. It's not the changes, it's not the lack of pk, it's not the lack of RP. All the moping, whining, ego thrusting, e-peen inflating actions. Take it what it is, but seriously, I play the game for fun, not to deal with any negativity. I would rather play with people who enjoy playing and who like the game then people constantly bitch. I find it particularly funny people who DON'T currently play but are the biggest crybabies. You guys need to get over yourselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 07:09PM by jmc.
Subject Author Views Posted

Ankhran Gone

jmc 799 November 27, 2013 06:43PM

Why did I get mentioned? WTF?

Sam 248 December 06, 2013 10:13AM

I think you play awesome chars and we've had a lot of awesome battles from opposing cabals in the past. MOAR TEXT inside

kanye 316 November 28, 2013 03:11PM

Way to contradict yourself dude

Randomguy 285 November 29, 2013 08:25AM

Double exp is a strong lure. (n/t)

kanye 223 November 29, 2013 10:07AM

Not really, I haven't played since Raetril.

Randomguy 273 November 29, 2013 11:16AM

Let me issue a correction then. I haven't played in a few months except for the hour I spent rolling a char during double EXP two hours before I made this post.

kanye 251 November 29, 2013 12:43PM

There you go.

Randomguy 303 November 29, 2013 09:37PM

Re: I think you play awesome chars and we've had a lot of awesome battles from opposing cabals in the past. MOAR TEXT inside

jmc 363 November 28, 2013 03:21PM

I had no problem with you either. I was hoping you'd get emperor. You are the reason why I wanted to roll an imperial this month when EOY reports are due. I will have three weeks off. Now I'm lost again. (n/t)

funnyone 224 November 29, 2013 02:06AM

You're a better man than I. I would've abused the shit out of that thing.

Death_Claw 320 November 28, 2013 07:40AM

I would've too but I won't get something like that. I'm on the naughty list (n/t)

funnyone 209 November 29, 2013 02:02AM

I know you would, i looked right through you and the only reason i did not anathema you if that im not a douce ooc. (n/t)

thomas 234 November 28, 2013 07:16AM

Dude, for fucks sake, you get angry and pissy at people if they don't help you. You get REALLY mad when you ask someone to help you cheat and they say no.That's being a HUGE douche OOC. (n/t)

Frosty 212 November 28, 2013 08:00AM

If ur so fed up, why look at the forums?

K-B 290 November 28, 2013 06:42AM

I played for a year without knowing dios exists and officials I never paid any attention to.

RobDarken 279 November 28, 2013 07:59AM

I like you. Let's be friends. Friends that don't whine. (n/t)

Doof 210 November 28, 2013 03:58AM

How'd you get the whip?

crafteddeception 350 November 27, 2013 06:49PM

Notorious?

jmc 525 November 27, 2013 06:57PM

Re: the whip

jmc 494 November 27, 2013 07:05PM

Muddle adds lag onto commands. nt

crafteddeception 213 November 27, 2013 07:08PM

Yea, I experienced that

jmc 425 November 27, 2013 07:13PM

Muddle adds an additional round of lag:

tongni 302 November 28, 2013 12:53AM

Malaise is also very good. However, fleeing will also cause lag as well as walking

crafteddeception 294 November 27, 2013 07:16PM

Some sort of "piercing howl" then I got muddled (don't know if it's from portal or what) n/t

jmc 268 November 27, 2013 07:20PM

From the bat's shriek? That might make the howler/bat more interesting forms. nt

crafteddeception 212 November 27, 2013 07:22PM

Don't recall..thought he was still a lion though. Meh n/t

jmc 269 November 27, 2013 07:23PM

I was looking forward to fighting you to be honest. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. (n/t)

tesline 196 November 27, 2013 06:48PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024