Platemail is pointless.

March 30, 2015 05:00AM
That's not the way to go about it, and no, I did the vale on hard. Not path of the damned though. You just have to boost your max endurance with food so you can take the first hit from the bear. The bandit camp was a cake walk.

Rogue is a flanker, not a frontline fighter or stabber. They play in this game the way I always imagined rogues should. The process is simple, stealth so you can see the groups of enemies before they see you. Buff your team as necessary. Position your team so that Eder is up a few steps ahead of your rogue and your casters are back and to the side so they can AOE properly. Fire your crossbow/bow/arbalest at the biggest enemy you can see. Casters blast as enemy approaches, rogue steps sideways to get some room, Eder engages, Rogue goes around back (to flank, since you can sneak attack just by flanking, no maledict required) and rips apart whatever the biggest thing is. After that it's clean up duty.

Armor slows your attack speed. I wear clothes and use high dex/might. Damage reduction from armor isn't needed if you aren't getting hit. The only thing that is scary is AOE stuff, but so far it seems my reflex has been high enough. Wearing armor just makes your enemies live longer. I think it's kind of dumb they didn't add any deflection to it. The DR is pitiful so far that I've seen. Maybe there is some really buff armor I haven't found yet.

Rogue certainly isn't a stealth and smash the enemies head-on type class. You have to use good tactics, and when you do, you're richly rewarded with a melting enemy. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with tanks, but I can't seem to get one to survive very long. The only option I can find is to go full offense like that starting with ambushes.

That's my take, probably less than half of the game completed though. So there is that.

Sportsmanship killed CF
Subject Author Posted

Pillars of Eternity - Don't buy it.

Matrik March 29, 2015 06:23AM

Good voice acting, too, and lots of it. Whoever did Durance, though, oy vey, and that's coming from a non-Jew. (n/t)

madglee March 31, 2015 07:58PM

I've been getting my ass kicked on Hard

madglee March 29, 2015 08:10AM

Okay then.

vortexmagus March 29, 2015 07:03PM

I'll have to disagree. Rogue is the easiest class.

Matrik March 29, 2015 08:57PM

Well the thing is, when you're talking about making an effective rogue, what you're really talking about is putting a rogue with tons of might and dex in platemail and frontlining with him.

vortexmagus March 30, 2015 12:58AM

Platemail is pointless.

Matrik March 30, 2015 05:00AM

I've moved up in the world, slightly. Thanks for the schooling on engagement. (Review inside)

madglee March 31, 2015 07:45PM

Ahaha. Matrik is the hard class then, I guess? (n/t)

Murphy March 29, 2015 09:40PM

You goof. (n/t)

Matrik March 30, 2015 05:15AM

Yeah the Orlan are a poor substitute.

Matrik March 29, 2015 12:16PM

Noticed the writing is almost over the top, but strong nonetheless.

madglee March 29, 2015 04:48PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024