OT CF question

May 07, 2015 06:41PM
I'm new to MUDs and when looking at all the choices for clients (i'm on windows) I decided MUSHclient was best for me. All the clients seem to be able to do all the basic stuff I need like highlights/aliases/logs etc but one big difference I noticed between a few of the major clients is the split-screen scrollback (where you can read scrollback without the page moving while still being able to see incoming text on the same page) is missing in half of them. I read that most CF players seem to be split between CMUD/zMUD/MUSH or some form of TinTin. From what I can tell only CMUD and zMUD can do this split-screen scrollback, MUSH and TinTin don't have a feature for it.

I feel like I need to buy CMUD just for this one feature. Am I creating a problem out of nothing or is it a really important thing to have for CF?

I've died a few times already in CF on MUSH just because I was reading a helpfile and didn't know that a mob went aggro on me.

How are people using TinTin/MUSH dealing with issues like this ^?
Subject Author Posted

OT CF question

Gdiakcl May 07, 2015 06:41PM

TinTin++, I will just copy my buffer, paste into another window beside it. Done. (n/t)

Jib May 07, 2015 07:11PM

Re: TinTin++, I will just copy my buffer, paste into another window beside it. Done.

Gdiakcl May 07, 2015 07:18PM

Basically, yeah. Or copy the whole buffer when I'm done, and go back and read stuff later. (n/t)

Jib May 07, 2015 07:19PM

not really what I was going for

Gdiakcl May 07, 2015 07:26PM

Then it sounds like you should buy CMud. You're welcome. (n/t)

Jib May 07, 2015 07:34PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024