Both parties are trying to prove a point to the other.

October 08, 2016 12:23AM
They can get 85% of Americans to vote for literally ANY FUCKING BODY. The shit is locked in, and the populace is standing around waving either blue or red flags. Any other party/candidate is considered a wasted vote, and invites derision and scorn from your neighbors.

This is the point at which our democracy is over. This country is finished.

Washington - "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism."

Adams - "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
Subject Author Posted

Did Trump just die to self-inflicted deathblows?

Sam October 07, 2016 04:56PM

Both parties are trying to prove a point to the other.

Doof October 08, 2016 12:23AM

It's going to get much much worse with AI....

torak(VIP) October 08, 2016 03:02PM

That's somewhat shortsighted

Kstatida October 08, 2016 10:43PM

They're not inevitable, they're already here stopped by beuracracy

torak(VIP) October 09, 2016 10:30AM

I mean they're inevitale on humanity scale

Kstatida October 09, 2016 10:34AM

You can't stop progress.

Frosty October 09, 2016 10:53AM

It's always funny how people who revere the founding fathers forget these things. NT

Sam October 08, 2016 02:52AM

They were fucking white males who owned six million slaves.

Rhyaldrin October 08, 2016 03:01AM

While I agree slavery was bad, anyone with the wherewithal to pull off what they did (and have the sack for it) gets listened to, IMO (n/t)

Doof October 08, 2016 10:13AM Phorum database error

Phorum Database Error

Sorry, a Phorum database error occurred.
The error message has been written
to the phorum-sql-errors.log error log.
Please try again later!