Yeah, we'll have to see what the white house says after the full classified intelligence brief comes in

January 05, 2017 10:08AM
Personally, I think its kind of telling that you trust wikileaks (run by a foreign national with heavy links to Russia) over US intelligence agencies. Now, I won't claim the US intelligence agencies are perfect or anything, they have been completely, utterly wrong before, but there's exactly zero oversight for wikileaks, period. We have no idea what they publish and what they don't, and why they do what they do.

Also, I think it's mildly hilarious that Trump says he wants to shrink US intelligence agencies as they continue to offer evidence of things he doesn't like: [www.businessinsider.com] - its very much like a childish 5-year-old. "You say things that make me angry! I will punish you!" Behavior I'd expect out of Putin, really.

Intelligence agencies have very notably stayed out of politics the last few decades of elections, refusing to offer comment on politicians of either stripe except to say "I, as an individual, like this guy's defense/foreign policies". They said nothing in the Obama elections, in the Bush elections, in the Clinton elections, in the H.W. Bush elections, in the Reagan elections. When they all suddenly get together and decide to say, as a group, a foreign political entity is intervening in our election, I think it's definitely worth listening. Especially because nobody benefits from this - there's absolutely no reason to push themselves into the spotlight, where everyone can take a shot at them, unless they had real evidence of this happening.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 10:13AM by vortexmagus.
Subject Author Posted

In-depth look at the Joint Analyst Report released by DHS and DNI

PaulO January 03, 2017 02:48PM

Re: In-depth look at the Joint Analyst Report released by DHS and DNI

Jib January 04, 2017 08:26AM

Interesting stuff

vortexmagus January 03, 2017 08:18PM

Re: Interesting stuff

Kstatida January 04, 2017 12:02PM

I still want a full investigation.

PaulO January 04, 2017 02:57AM

Yeah, we'll have to see what the white house says after the full classified intelligence brief comes in

vortexmagus January 05, 2017 10:08AM

Don't read this

PaulO January 05, 2017 08:05PM

Re: Don't read this

vortexmagus January 11, 2017 05:35AM

Re: Yeah, we'll have to see what the white house says after the full classified intelligence brief comes in

Jib January 05, 2017 12:56PM

- Double Post - (n/t)

Jib January 05, 2017 12:53PM

I'm with Trump on this

Kstatida January 05, 2017 10:44AM

Re: I still want a full investigation.

Jib January 04, 2017 08:44AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 133 April 26, 2024