Disc Golf!

February 07, 2008 04:42AM
Someone asked where I played, and liked disc golf being brought up, so I thought I would shout out to those Throwers out there.

Started about 11 years ago, at the local park (Wickham park, FL)

Started with just a Cyclone and an aviar to put. Played for about a year, and got to the point where I was averaging about par, my best round back then was 4 under. I was young, dumb, full of....zest. And I could HUCK that disk far.

Then I went into the army, and my knees got fucked up, then I put on some* weight.

Started playing again recreationaly about a 14 months ago.

Got into the local club playing sunday handicaps about 12 months ago. Last sunday of every month is up north at F. Burton smith park a much tougher and longer 20 hole course. Every month on the saturday night closest to the new moon, there is 2 rounds of nightgolf at F. Burton starting whenever it is dark. Much beer is consumed, lots of pot smoking occurs (I've found that most disc golfers are tokers as well..I don't partake because that shit turns me into furniture, I'd just sit down in one spot for hours, and not want to play) We tape tiny chemlites to our discs...NO FLASHLIGHTS....it's an experience, I'll tell you.

Back then when I established my handicap, it was WINDY, and it was the first three times I threw at F burton, I established at -18. (subtract 18 from the score).

because of my knees, and my torso not wanting to bend because of containing a rack of tires, I've had to really work to get my old distance back. I'm finally down to a -3 handicap.

Just starting to work in some shots like thumbers, turbos, tomahawks, and sidearms when needed. that's what's dropped my handicap from 6 to 3. (I wish I could learn the roller, but every time I try a few, I just get far too disgusted at them and don't try them again for months)

My main drivers have been destroyers (innova) but I'm starting to like my one discraft disc (avenger ESP1.8)....and I just got a couple Diablo DT's which have proven to be my longest drives by about 20 yards. I've also heard some wierd things about Aerobie's disc...the epic....that it has a very unique flight path...I'm debating dropping some cash on that for the novelty of it.

My putt has changed from an aviar straight shot line drive, which I was never good at, to a rhyno lob which puts me at about 70% from 35 feet.

buyin on sunday is 4 dollars, plus a dollar to buy into the CTP's(closest to pin prizes on various holes) and plus a dollar to put into the ace fund.

Wednesday about 6 pm there is a casual doubles tourney.

All told, because my handicap established so high, and getting a few nice ctp's...and getting lucky with my doubles partners, I'm about 40 dollars positive over the last year of Disc golf...heh.

Might get myself a pdga number, just for fun, though it's like 80 bucks. Going to go ahead and throw at Wickham park on the 8th of march during the Melbourne open....not that I think I can win (not a handicap round) .....but to get to play with the likes of Ron Aldridge(local top dog pro) and Ken Climo(something like 12 time world champion....(both of whom I've met, and have both given me some pointers...they are some cool cats)

I've played about 6 courses total here in florida, tampa, orlando, cocoa....and a course in N. VA...Burk Lake...which sucks ass....heh.

Any other Throwers out there?

Best thing I like about this sport? You can throw the worst round of your life, but if somewhere in there you get a great shot....say an 80 foot put....or park a long approach from behind some tough bushes....you feel good the rest of the day.
Subject Author Posted

Disc Golf!

odrirg February 07, 2008 04:42AM

what the fuck is is disc golf?!?!? nt

hopelessdwarf February 07, 2008 12:07PM

Good question.

odrirg February 07, 2008 10:42PM

It's called frisbee golf!

_Magus_ February 12, 2008 12:34PM

I think you covered everything. But do you usually have to bring your own lube or is it provided? n/t

Lokain February 08, 2008 06:07AM

Slang for buttsex. n/t

Death_Claw February 07, 2008 12:59PM

i hope everyone uses glow in the dark condoms n/t

hopelessdwarf February 07, 2008 01:30PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024