Good question.

February 07, 2008 10:42PM
You know how Golf has different clubs for different shots?

Well, in disc golf, you use discs. Somewhat like frisbees. (The inventor of the modern frisbee also invented disc golf), but far more streamlined and aerodynamic.

There are discs that go left, go right, go straight, float, soft ones for putting, ones with edges for rolling...drivers...approachers...etc.

Instead of a hole, you aim at a basket about 4 feet tall with chains and a little section that catches the disc if you hit it in the right spot.

It's more physical than regular golf. It's more fun. And the vast majority of courses are free to all
(a few are pay to play....and a few are pay for park entrance, but nothing even close to regular golf's greens fees)

Pdga.com for the official professional organization. scroll down a bit for a good picture of what a Dgolf basket looks like.

[www.youtube.com]

Is a really good short example of a top player in top form throwing a right hand backhand throw.

Don't expect to throw half of the 300 ft he bombs in the video when you start out.

[www.youtube.com]

Discraft clinic on how to throw 100+ft putts. (don't expect to ever intentionally hit those unless you are pro) The last pro on this, RRussel, plays at my local club's sunday's handicaps sometimes.

[www.youtube.com]

A good short example of the 4 main types of drives with slow motion to see the body positions.
Subject Author Posted

Disc Golf!

odrirg February 07, 2008 04:42AM

what the fuck is is disc golf?!?!? nt

hopelessdwarf February 07, 2008 12:07PM

Good question.

odrirg February 07, 2008 10:42PM

It's called frisbee golf!

_Magus_ February 12, 2008 12:34PM

I think you covered everything. But do you usually have to bring your own lube or is it provided? n/t

Lokain February 08, 2008 06:07AM

Slang for buttsex. n/t

Death_Claw February 07, 2008 12:59PM

i hope everyone uses glow in the dark condoms n/t

hopelessdwarf February 07, 2008 01:30PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024