So I met a couple of homeless guys...

June 21, 2010 10:22PM
Warning: May be completely uninteresting.

At a bus stop coming back from a job interview. One was recently homeless and the other has lived homeless for quite a while, but by choice. The first moved to Phoenix for a girl and got screwed and is now stuck. The second is a crusty old veteran that lives off of VA checks and VA healthcare. He uses the money to drink/eat and get a hotel room every once in a while plus has some cheap public storage.

I'm broke as hell, the proverbial struggling college student. (I don't struggle that bad since I get that sweet GI Bill check, but most of that goes to food/living costs etc.). Anyway the two kind of talk over me for a while, but I had already made friends with the first. The second hands the first a hundred dollars to get a hotel room nearby, as he had just received his check. I couldn't resist but give the guy my last five as well, despite the fact that I normally don't give money to supposedly homeless individuals. These two impressed me. The second even gave ME ten dollars for giving the first my five, claiming he didn't really trust me before that. (Assuming this is because I was well dressed and clean cut due to the job interview).

Was I hustled? Maybe, but even if I was it was easily a hustle worthy of my five dollars, and the ten as well since obviously I wasn't going to keep it, but gave it to the dude.
Subject Author Posted

So I met a couple of homeless guys...

Matrik June 21, 2010 10:22PM

Just out of curiosity. You using MGIB or Post-9/11 GI Bill? nt

Java June 22, 2010 05:21AM

Unfortunately,

Matrik June 22, 2010 07:29AM

There was a test done in Toronto.

BattleCharmed June 22, 2010 12:38AM

The people with jobs were too busy to do a good deed, that day. They had to go to work

Java June 23, 2010 03:24AM

If not for a recent turn in my luck...

Matrik June 24, 2010 03:15PM

That's kind of what you'd expect though right?

istirith June 23, 2010 01:52AM

Nice. nt

Matrik June 22, 2010 12:44AM

No

Lokain June 22, 2010 12:11AM

I'm sure there's also the hope for reciprocation. They're investing in favors. nt

Splntrd June 22, 2010 05:01AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024