Everything in your post is wrong. (Warning: facts ahead.)

September 19, 2017 10:56AM
I've been watching this for years: [mudstats.com]

If you don't want to look, I'll summarize. CF is at an -all time low- for average connected, with an average connected of 10. It's not seasonal. Every season the number of people playing is lower than the previous season. The trend is 100% downward annually.

I'm not sure why maximum and minimum connected numbers aren't populating on MudStats any longer. They haven't for a while. Max connected was at 25 before, I think, numbers got too low to calculate. That "max connected" number is the highest count online in the last 30 days. That number includes immortals, characters in the academy, and does not account for a +5 person surge as people log on and other people log out a few seconds or minutes later. While I'm not around to really know, I'd bet a couple C-notes there isn't "30 people daily" as Douchelim (sorry, J) says. A peak of 15 sounds much more believable to me.

So, let's break that down. The 18ish off-peak hours of the day have no one at all, and if interaction is your thing are unplayable. You are relegated to needing to arrive during peak times. Once peak times come there are fifteen people on the MUD. Let's graciously assume none of them are immortal and thus are all available for interactions ranging from grouping, cabal raids, exploration, player killing and role-play. Let's say that people need to be within 10 levels to group or PK with each other. That makes roughly five groups. (1-10, 11-20 etc.) That means that at peak times you have an average of about three people you can interact with. With only three in-range people you cannot both player kill and have a full group, meaning the MUD is not playable to its full potential. Of course, it doesn't disburse evenly like that. Most of it is clumped up at the hero range which means, despite what we used to say, the game now starts at hero. That means minimum of 40 unfun hours of grinding, with few potential group mates or PK opponents, to get to where the game starts. Fuuuuuuuck that.

There is nothing fun about 15 players at peak times and 1-4 players at off peak times. Even if you -doubled- those numbers and had 30 on peak and 8 off peak I'd say the MUD is no longer viable as a "multi user" dungeon.

It's trending downwards, but does have to hit a point at which everyone left doesn't care they are alone and then the fall of numbers will stabilize. As far as ever seeing a vibrant CF again? Can't happen. We're past the tipping point. From here there is no return.
Subject Author Posted

Everybody complains about low numbers....

BlkDrgn September 19, 2017 05:52AM

Roll. (n/t)

Frosty September 19, 2017 06:47AM

Nope, Role cause it's a role play game ;) (n/t)

BlkDrgn September 19, 2017 07:38AM

Roll a char, write a role. (n/t)

Frosty September 19, 2017 08:05AM

Boo, you are just no fun :( (n/t)

BlkDrgn September 19, 2017 08:35AM

That he is (n/t)

Kstatida September 19, 2017 10:28AM

That's not what you told me IC. (n/t)

Frosty September 19, 2017 11:15AM

I know, I know

Kstatida September 19, 2017 12:37PM

THAT is hilarious. (n/t)

Frosty September 19, 2017 08:41AM

The complaints don't even hold water.

jalim September 19, 2017 06:25AM

Everything in your post is wrong. (Warning: facts ahead.)

The_Joker September 19, 2017 10:56AM

Jalim isn't being serious.

WarEagle September 23, 2017 01:22PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022