I don't think Dynamics of cabals are a problem...

December 05, 2017 07:18AM
So much as I feel that multicharing is probably a bigger issue. People make characters and don't stick with them, prime example funnyone. You die, you get mad and delete make a new character, or worse you make 5 characters for each cabal instead of sticking out with one. Characters roughly die around 100 hours now, and immortals feed to this by giving rewards to those young ones fairly early.

Now that we are older, and the income of players to the outgoing of players is not good. maybe one for every 3-4 to leave. A change in cabal dynamics would be useful in a case that it would draw people back as it's something new. The problem that most of the elders to this game have, the pros you could say, is that they've explored most every inch of Thera, and that content doesn't get created at a steady basis, yet things get closed down which prevent people from going there because it's too OP, and only a certain few know the secrets.

I get that CF is a game of discovery and trials and usually each log in is different. But when you give up the first time you get beat down, or you get full looted and throw a temper tantrum, not only do you ruin the game for yourself, but for others as well. The game has a specific design, and if people want to complain about etiquette and what's dirty or wrong about it, you fail to understand one thing, The game was created that way for those purposes, and that you can have a character, that you immerse yourself in, be for or against it, otherwise everything outside the game with discussions about it is OOC and irrelevant.

When edges got implemented back in, it opened up more builds which brought more people back, most people like customization and designing a character to what they like. Other players like to power house and will pick the throw edge 100/100 times with an assassin or go elf STSF. What I feel makes CF fun is feeling anxious, excited, intrigued, doing new things. When you have done it all it then becomes a chore to make a new character and do it over again. You are limited to what you can do alone, and with the dwindling playerbase, doing more exciting things becomes limited. I fortunately have a lot of steam left with CF as there are many things I haven't explored even though I've been playing for roughly 10 years now so there is still new stuff to me. Hell I've played outlander before but never knew about Ancient Instincts till I played Ghek. New is awesome, and the veterans want new and tough stuff but CF is limited on what it can do which means keep retention is a bit more difficult as we are limited to two coders, and an immortal staff that don't quite have the appropriate level of immortal to do what is needed.
Subject Author Posted

to increase cabal wars.

ellokraine December 04, 2017 08:16PM

I don't think Dynamics of cabals are a problem...

BlkDrgn December 05, 2017 07:18AM

Question: What builds PB then?

ellokraine December 05, 2017 06:55PM

There's a good principle in game design

Kstatida December 06, 2017 04:37AM

I feel like PK is second to RP in CF.

BlkDrgn December 05, 2017 07:18PM

^ This is good (n/t)

Kstatida December 06, 2017 12:05AM

I do think Entrophy is a bit of a waste

Kez December 04, 2017 09:16PM

Ancient Stuff

ellokraine December 05, 2017 07:09PM

It is totally filling the void Nexas created when it was removed.

jalim December 05, 2017 01:23AM

I'm with you. Mynext mage goes Entropy

Kstatida December 05, 2017 03:04AM

Matrik always says "Hello Team." Nice try at new handle nerd. (n/t)

Matrik December 04, 2017 08:31PM

Hello, Team!

Kstatida December 05, 2017 04:16AM

Maybe if I were smarter and a little less handsome I could pass for Matrik. Alas! Poor Ello! We knew him well. n/t

ellokraine December 04, 2017 09:23PM

lol (n/t)

Matrik December 05, 2017 06:15AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022