Based on my hero thug

December 31, 2007 07:55AM
TheProphet
I don't see any thug thief faqs around, and was wondering how their higher level skills are?

Are there many skills worth going past cheapshot? I can see going through parting block to help seal the kill... but other than 3rd attack and earclap, what's the plusses?

I can't see a thug-style thief, caring much about 'payment of the coward' - they'd rather just kill the guy.

- Payment of the coward is great. One thing it is good for is giving a chance to steal a potion, or rare item from a guy too wily to be ko'd.

Sucker hit, I'm sure is cool, and is an attack they can use often... but wouldn't they be trip/cheapshotting FTW?

- Not against flying enemies. Sucker hit is your main damage dealer. Especially if you want to make them run into parting blocks.

Gut Shot is nice since you can BS, then follow with Gut for possible bleeding. Useful, I'm sure.

- I quite liked gutshot as the opener. If I recall, it does a -str maladiction too, and coupled with a poison dagger you can often make them drop weapons/

Death Strike/Strike on the abandoned are pretty limited in it's uses - unless you're planning on taking down groups with a thug...

- Today I might be able to do this. At the time, it was beyond my ability. That said, in group v group fights it could be nice, because it can do a high damage multiplier sometimes. It's probably one of those for where you find a group resting from ranking though, where you hit one, he flees, the next flees because of the strike on the abandoned etc. It's also good against people that don't want to be the tank (e.g. vokers that want to immolate).

Separate is good for pulling guys out of battle, but then it nullifies Death Strike/Strike on the abandoned

- Separate is great, if it is the one I think, because with empty hands you can take their weapon. I liked this against druids and necros, since then their pets don't beat on you. Of course, druids still tore me a new one without their pets, but it was fun whilst it lasted.

Grapple sounds alright - but how well can a thief dodge/parry barehand to make it useful enough?

- Well enough against most people. It was a very very useful skill.

Ear clap seems good for fighting magi - but good headgear will pretty much nullify this.

- Earclap sucked for me, but from what I hear, it is better now.

Thoughts? Or am I way off?
Subject Author Posted

Thug thief skills...

TheProphet December 31, 2007 07:08AM

I like them.

Scrimbul December 31, 2007 08:46AM

Based on my hero thug

daurwyn(VIP) December 31, 2007 07:55AM

My rundown of the sub-class...

Yhorian(VIP) December 31, 2007 07:39AM

Thanks for the feedback you three... but another question if you will...

TheProphet December 31, 2007 08:57AM

Look up Ritur's PBF. He gained extra thief points, went all the way in Thug and a bit in another. nt

Yhorian(VIP) January 01, 2008 03:42AM

I personally have not rolled enough thieves to experiment with true hybrids.

Scrimbul December 31, 2007 10:17AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 133 April 26, 2024