Re: character Touretts

February 22, 2010 07:56AM
> Able to solo rank for the most part.

This is sort of a mushy requirement, since all characters can "technically" solo rank. Some just do it faster than others. I'd put the following in the decently fast category, in no particular order:

1. Ranger.
2. Paladin (shield or 2h)
3. Assassin (probably felar).
4. "optimal" warrior. (arial sword or felar spear/staff).

Ranger and warrior have the problem of not getting built-in detect invis. Warrior has the additional issue of not being able to detect hidden. Ranger can't detect hidden either, but most of the time he'll be ranking in an area where people can't hide. I say felar for assassin primarily because of the titanium spear. Get that, and solo ranking becomes drastically easier.

For paladin you'll probably want to go standard shield or 2h. I haven't read up on the new ones, but from what little I know they don't offer anything extra ranking-wise vs. the standard specs.

Ranger is nice in that you can rest up (with camp, no less) and be reasonably certain nobody will jump you while you're wounded. Just be aware of other enemy rangers, keep detect invis up, and be aware that thieves/assassins can hide some places and you can't see them (like the plains of Eregion).

> Able to solo PK fairly well for someone who is just shy of moderatly experienced in PK

Again, this is sort of ill-defined. Do you want to seal kills, or just make people run? Paladin is great for the latter, not great for the former. Assassin at least gives you the "stay hidden and jump wounded people" option. Paladin gives you sanc, summon and wrath;wrath;wrath. Ranger gives you snare;ambush;bearcharge. All of those are pretty straightforward tactics.

> Survivable against experienced PK(read this as Run and Hide)

Of the four combos I mentioned under the solo ranking title, all are "reasonably" good at not getting splattered. The warriors are tanky, rangers/assassins get stealth, and paladins have sanc/protection and, in the case of shield paladins, are tanky too.

Standard advice applies. Carry multiple teleports; one in a sack, two in inventory. Ditto for returns. Don't be afraid to use them. Carry enough gold to "heal heal" and "heal disease" a few times. Carry cure blindness preps, so that if you teleport away and die to maledictions you at least know where to go loot your corpse.

> Low level of Skill spamming

Assassins have some skill spamming, but if you're going to be solo ranking then its all stuff you'll be using in combat anyway. Paladins don't have much to spam. Rangers don't have much to spam. Warrior has a bunch of weapons to work on- that's sort of his achilles heel. Sure, you can do this while ranking, but then you're not using your spec, which means you're not that great a solo-ranker.
Subject Author Posted

character Touretts

Welverin February 22, 2010 07:01AM

By far the most survivable.....

ilostmycoconut February 23, 2010 01:20AM

Welverin February 22, 2010 11:51AM

Just play an assassin

daurwyn(VIP) February 22, 2010 09:50AM

Re: Just play an assassin

Welverin February 22, 2010 09:55AM

Personally I don't think it matters what race you play

daurwyn(VIP) February 22, 2010 10:20AM

Re: Personally I don't think it matters what race you play

Welverin February 22, 2010 10:28AM

Re: Personally I don't think it matters what race you play

daurwyn(VIP) February 22, 2010 10:35AM

Good thing with felar is that you don't need to wear as much hp gear

Mort February 22, 2010 11:58AM

thought this guy was banned too for his 80 fort apps (n/t)

Scrimbul February 22, 2010 09:21AM

Re: thought this guy was banned too for his 80 fort apps

Welverin February 22, 2010 09:44AM

I'm always amazed at the number of people...

trewyn February 22, 2010 08:00AM

Skill spam does help you.

cointreau February 22, 2010 04:03PM

imho

shane February 22, 2010 06:08PM

This here is what I've been trying to say about skill spam.

trewyn February 22, 2010 07:28PM

Re: This here is what I've been trying to say about skill spam.

Welverin February 24, 2010 05:06AM

Re: This here is what I've been trying to say about skill spam.

Isildur(VIP) February 23, 2010 05:34AM

I wish more people would realize that...

Rodriguez February 22, 2010 11:57PM

I agree with this actually.

Kez February 22, 2010 09:08PM

I disagree.

Kez February 22, 2010 06:34PM

Isildur(VIP) February 22, 2010 07:56AM

Paladin, shaman (n/t)

dervish February 22, 2010 07:33AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024