how to beat conjurers

November 16, 2010 03:21AM
The first recomendation is to try and play one. They are a class that when they are ready for a specific fight they are extremly tough but there are lots of points of weakness.

You have two general tactics to use against them.

1.) Kill the conjie before his buddies kill you.
2.) Kill the conjurers buddies then kill him.

What your class is and what the conjie has for buddies will influence which of those paths that you should take but a couple fo things to keep in mind.

1.) Conjie mobs don't follow instantly. If you make the conjie walk into the room you are in you can get a round or two of dealing damage to the conjie before his servitors come in to help. Drive is also a tool that can take advantage of this (even if you are not lagging the conjie in the process)

2.) Be aware of the dangers of extended fights. You are fairly safe just beating on an archon guy a while because the archon doesn't really maledict and has very few burst damage spells. A lesser ice devil on the other hand will likely throw out something that is crippling to your class by the 4th time they cast on you. Also repeatedly fleeing from a conjie in a short period of time will boost the rate at which their servitors prog so be aware of that.

3.) Devils do not cast spells at random. There is an order to the kinds of spells that they cast, know it and exploit it. There is also an order to the buffs that archons throw up too. If you keep dispelling their armor sup then the archon will actually continue to renew armor before healing.

4.) There are visual cues to tell you when a conjies servitors are less than happy. If you recognize these you can exploit these periods.

5.)If you want to beat a conjie your best bet is to take the fight to them. Different sets of servitors work best against different builds and if you let the conjie pick the set that works best vs you then you are going to fight an uphill battle. Go after them when they are going after someone else, find them when they conjure or even right after they conjure if they are evil and not very long lived yet. At hero a conjie has global summon, global where, and global llistening, and global gate so it can get really tough to get a strategic position on them if they are on their game but you can overcome that through work ethic and most conjies have favorite places to conjure from. If you see circles on the ground keep a mental note of it and check those places when you don't see the conjie running the rager loop (he is likely conjuring)
Subject Author Posted

Your thoughts on conjurers?

Zheeser November 15, 2010 02:12PM

Thanks to all your thoughts, they will help (n/t)

Zheeser November 17, 2010 04:21PM

If you're a ranger: Snare the conjie and then plaster his familiar. Worked nicely against Charine.

Jib November 16, 2010 09:12AM

Unless the familiar is an ifrit. Then it just burns your snare. nt

Isildur(VIP) November 16, 2010 11:21AM

Remember that you can knock out conjies and butcher key servitors while they're KO'd.

vortex_magus November 16, 2010 08:29AM

how to beat conjurers

Quas November 16, 2010 03:21AM

Depends on what you are.

Death_Claw November 15, 2010 03:46PM

Conjurers

starbright November 15, 2010 02:18PM

I killed Ilden (DC's Scion Conjurer) and Kanaev with Thrakazhaar.

Sam November 15, 2010 02:50PM

Minor correction - I was never in scion. But yeah your rager was pretty nasty. n/t

Death_Claw November 15, 2010 03:41PM

It kinda helped Jalim gave me Axe of Conquest and Golrhun at rank 20 ;). I had an absurd set until I died on Strange Island to Larcizzle's goodie gang. NT

Sam November 15, 2010 03:49PM

So he gives you sweet axezzz and loots mah hummingbird. LAME. (n/t)

Treebeard November 15, 2010 04:34PM

<3 n/t

jalim November 15, 2010 04:00PM

In my late 20's/early 30's I was super arrogant.

Death_Claw November 15, 2010 03:53PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024