Ignore the below. Here is the accurate list.

December 20, 2012 10:53AM
The good.

Calling thirst gives you something like haste. I don't look at the code so I do not know exactly what it entails, whether it is true haste, true metabolic quickening, a blend, or something different, but it looks like old school haste to me.

Calling thirst will negate whatever maledictions you have on you at the time you thirst, for the duration of the thirst. This means while you thirst you are at your body's full strength, dex, whatever you would be if you did not have the malediction. Also, you will not bleed or suffer from poison or plague at each tick.

Calling thirst will give you 15 hit and dam if I remember correctly.

Calling thirst offers some (not as much as people think) lag protection. Not something to rely on in my experience.

Calling thirst gives area spellbane, which works as well as and no better or worse than regular direct spellbane.

Calling thirst will put up any cabal powers you don't happen to have up at the moment, so if resist fell, spellbane fell, trusight fell, calling thirst will call them all simultaneously.

Calling thirst can either be done while fighting, or, if there is a mage in your area, while not fighting as well.

Calling thirst means you will autoattack anyone in your pk range (other than other battleragers), even if they sneak into your room, so if a dark-elf or elf or visible but sneaking thief or assassin walk into the room, you will attack them before they can do anything.

Calling thirst will give you infinite movement for the duration of thirst. You could walk all over thera while thirsting and flurry a million times.

The bad.

Calling thirst will make you autoattack everyone in your pk range, but also every mob, everywhere, if you can see them. No matter what. This has significant impact on ability to escape or simply go anywhere while thirsting.

Calling thirst will make you unable to see what affects you, your hp/mana/mvs, the damage you take. It is like that bard song, so you have no idea if that spell just hit you for EVISCERATE or -----OBLITERATE----- or whatever.

Calling thirst will bring on fatigue after the thirst ends. This period has many negative consequences:

You do NOT heal ANY mana or mvs while fatigued. At all. People saying it is slowed, or something other than complete zero are wrong. This becomes important if you remember that while thirsting you were able to move infinitely. When the thirst wears off, all those moves will be gone and if you went into the negative, you are stuck in whatever room you are in when the thirst wears off, and you won't even begin to heal those moves back until the battle fatigue wears off. Fatigue can last anywhere from 3 to 6 or 7 ticks, depending.

You cannot call thirst while fatigued.

You suffer -15 hit/dam while fatigued.

The maledictions you had before you were thirsting return (some are gone forever but not all) return. So if you were plagued, your moves will now continue to diminish.

That's about it. Mostly the downsides of autoattack fucking up most retreat possibilities, always needing to remember that you will be close to or out of moves when thirst wears off, and inability to know how hurt you are/the status of your hp/mana/mvs are what kill most berserkers.

Caveat of course if they changed it in the last two years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 10:55AM by alansmithee.
Subject Author Posted

What exactly are the drawbacks of Bloodthirst?

kadsuane December 20, 2012 05:00AM

Ignore the below. Here is the accurate list.

alansmithee December 20, 2012 10:53AM

One thing is incorrect in this list.

Tolnum December 23, 2012 08:08PM

Re: Ignore the below. Here is the accurate list.

DurNominator(VIP) December 21, 2012 04:26AM

This would be my pick for accuracy. (n/t)

Guy December 20, 2012 12:57PM

Not really, but it's the most exhaustive for sure. nt

Flipside Oreo December 20, 2012 03:01PM

Please enlighten us then oh master of the thirst. (n/t)

ORB December 21, 2012 04:14AM

Re: What exactly are the drawbacks of Bloodthirst?

Jerrokrar December 20, 2012 08:30AM

This is why you suck.

Sam December 21, 2012 12:20AM

Re: What exactly are the drawbacks of Bloodthirst?

ghuljun_thul December 20, 2012 07:52AM

You weren't level 51.

Jerrokrar December 20, 2012 08:32AM

It prevents the use of the shift key. (n/t)

Pro December 20, 2012 06:11AM

CF have a lot of bloodthirsting players then. Shift keys are withering away from disuse. (n/t)

daning December 20, 2012 06:40AM

Which blows my mind if for no other reason than...

Pro December 20, 2012 07:06AM

I can only think of one imm that has nt

daurwyn(VIP) December 20, 2012 10:48AM

You are a lunatic. I for one would like to salute you for your consistency and

kadsuane December 20, 2012 08:08AM

He just doesn't love you enough, Kaddy. He doesn't love you. :-( (n/t)

BattleCharmed December 20, 2012 08:18AM

Yes, full looting someone is a good way of saying "Use your shift key!" (n/t)

daning December 20, 2012 07:14AM

Hey man, it's in his role nt

Rade December 20, 2012 08:25AM

lol'd. (n/t)

satchmo December 20, 2012 07:39AM

Drawbacks

Demtok December 20, 2012 06:01AM

From my understanding:

Batman December 20, 2012 05:43AM

This is 100% true. (n/t)

satchmo December 20, 2012 06:29AM

Bloodthirst from what I know

hug December 20, 2012 05:35AM

so does taking regen legacies, or outcry of steel, help offset some of the issues after?

satchmo December 20, 2012 06:23AM

This:

deriveh December 20, 2012 05:21AM

Some corrections

Flipside Oreo December 20, 2012 05:33AM

more corrections!

Quas December 20, 2012 08:54AM

Apart from auto-attacking everything? (n/t)

legobelt December 20, 2012 05:10AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 133 April 26, 2024