Onya Stargaze: Goodbye's and thoughts. (Long)

K-B
April 14, 2012 11:50PM
I can't post on Officials right now, for some reason, so I'll post here for now, then post there whenever I can.

Onya Stargaze. Damn. My first age death. I couldn't have asked for a better character to do it with. I put so much into Onya. I've never had a character like her. But the end of it, I swear to god I could see the world thorough Onya's eyes. I truly understood her point of view. I swear to God the girl had a mind of her own. I would say: "You know, we should go blast the shit outta those three Imperials sitting in the Throne room." And Onya would be like: "Hell no! Wait for those assholes to seperate and kill the one by one, bitch!" and I'd reply "Yes ma'am." Lol.

I've been waiting fer her to die for a long time now. I thought it would happen around hour 550, but she just kept going. She's my finest character to date, and I can only hope to have another like her.

Onya Stargaze: Life

Onya Stargaze was created with one simple purpse in mind: to play a more perfect Invoker. Not to break PK records, not to be the best RP'er but to simply be as perfect as I could be. I played Valdora Bon'Durdin a while back and I made every stupid mistake imaginable from forgetting to put up protections to casting area spells in terrible situations. What it taught me is that I could play an invoker much much better. Thus, after a few characters in between, Onya Stargaze was born. She was to be the best I could offer from an invoker. Everything I learned from Invokers past, I put into Onya.

Onya was a six path Invoker. Leaving earth out of the equation completely. Yes, this meant I lost rain of stone, shield of earth, and stoneshatter, but at the time I just wanted to focus on other things. Funny enough, the most annoying thing about leaving earth at 0 had nothing to do with the spells I mentioned. What sucked was having to deal with dirk kick all the time. Heh. That was REALLY annoying.

I put 9 into water for RP reasons, but also because I wanted geyser to be the focal point of my spellcasting (It turned out that I used engulf way WAY more than Geyser, but whatever) and I wanted it to be as strong as possible. I've heard people say that affinity doesn't matter as far as spell damage is conserned and all that matters is whether or not you have the mastory of that element. But past experience has tought me that affinity does matter as far as the lower spells are concerned (iceshards, iceneedles, drown, etc) but not the higher tier spells (pillar, geyser, immolation, etc) so I wanted to make sure. I put 8 into Ice because past experience has tought me that Iceshards and Iceneedles ARE YOUR FRIENDS. The rest I put at normal levels with ooze and lightning both being the lowest with 4.

Like I said before, I learned a lot from playing Valdora for 400+ hours and she had elements fire and water both at 3 if I remember correctly, which was a bad idea because Immolations is awesome, and it is near impossible to max out with a 3 affinity. Valdora also didn't use a weapon. (I put it in her role that she thought they were savage or something like that, but in honesty I just didnt wanna work on parry) That was obviously a bad idea. So with Onya, not only did I wield a weapon, but I maxxed out parry at level 17. Which really payed dividends considering I wanted to PK before I had shields.

Pk before shields is completely doable, btw. Pretty much, you need to stay away from anything that bashes, but everyone else is prey. I got my first Pk around level 20 when I attacked a group ranking in FoN. Subsequently, I got my first Pk death at around level 20 when I attacked a group ranking in FoN. Lol. (Shoutout to Drayden)

Ranking as Onya was a breeze. You may think that being an Evil/Chaotic/Outlander/Mage would make ranking a serious problem, but nope. I didn't have any trouble at all. In fact, it was suspiciously easy. If I couldn't find a group when I logged on, I would go practice spells for a while, and eventually someone would log on that I could group with.

I was inducted into Outlander by the Imp himself: Lyriston, because there was no Nightreaver at the time, around the same time I got my first PK. I guess he may have been paying attention. I remember he said to me something like: "Don't fail me." I like to think I made him proud. From there I did some more killing before I got my shields, but when I did it was pretty much game time. No one at that rank could figure out what to do with me with shields. (Except one asshole Orc. TRUNNNA!!!! :))

After a little time working on spells and making sure I got all my shields, I shot to level 44 where I got one of my favorite spells ever. Improved Invis. There were two reasons I chose human as my race for Onya. One was because my role called for a human, and two was to abuse the hell outta Improved Invis. I must have spent about 30 or 40 hours at level 44. Yeah yeah, I know, not exactly badassory, but hell conjurer's and A-P's do it all the time, so why not me. There's nothing quite like fighting people 6-8 ranks below you when they have no idea you're even on. Yeah, that was fun stuff.

Then I was named Nightreaver, and it just didn't seem fair to stay at that level anymore, so I started ranking again. Then came another of my favorite spells: Quicksand. Ahhh, quicksand. How I do love thee. You just haven't lived until you try the Quicksand/Insect Swarm combo. Man. That combo alone must have landed me 60 kills at least. It was truly magical. HAHA. It took a while, but people finally caught on to the combo and simple WOULD NOT come to the tree, even to retrieve. There were a few exceptions in there, and you guys get nothing but props from me. Basically, if you weren't a Maran, an airform, or cloud giant, you were going in the sand. It's simply the best way to kill people as an invoker, so I used it as much as humanly possible.

Btw, BOOOO to immortals for toning fown quicksand. I don't understand why you would want to anyways. It's so easily avoidable. As Danntruso, when I was fighting Cersee, I would simply make her come to me. It's about that simple. Just avoid it. Now it's just so weak. I've seen people say that people are just learning to get through it, and that's also true. I noticed people carrying less as well. But I also remember how it was when Onya was at around 200 or 250 hours and what it is now just doesn't compare. If the Imm's tell me the didn't tone it down, I suppose I'd have to believe that, but right now there's just no way it's the same.

Anyways, once I was hero I was dealing with a lot of Imperials at the time, but I had a lot of help as well. Onya was very lucky to have the kind of friends she did in the early years because without them I doubt she would have turned out the same. Eventually, I maxxed out immolation and that turned out great! I never knew immolation was so useful until I actually used it... (Imagine that, right?) Not only does it cause amazing damage over time, but it also messus up command entry. It's absolutely critical when fighting priests and the like, as they have a lot of one round communes and it can really cause them trouble. The spell I would use to complement it was Engulf, because engulf didn't require me to change my hands from channel heat to whatever to cast it effectively. (Basically if you're using ice magic, then you want frost fingers up, if you're using lightning magic then shocking touch etc) Buffet would be a good spell to use with it as well.

Things were good for Onya at hero for the most part. I saw a lot of people come and go. Enemeis rise and fall. It was all pretty good. Then I got a job where I was working 80 hours a week, and I was forced to step down from Nightreaver. That sucked, but what really sucked was losing Insect Swarm. Basically, I went back to being jow shmo invoker. Seriously, the combination of Insect swarm and windwalk alone was something most people would die to. So I had to relearn how to PK again. Now that it's all said and done, I'm really happy I stepped down. I'm sure I would have eventually anyways. And PK became exciting again. I always pride myself on PKing with my mind anyways, so losing Insect Swawm FORCED me to figure out different ways to kill people.

So, losing nightreaver sucked, but the good news is for a while there I had like the SICKEST set ever. Onya was fortunate enough to come across some of the nastiest gear I have ever seen. Some of which I had never even heard of. For about a 4 month span I had a set that I would put up against some of the all-time greats. I'm not saying I would win that battle, but I would definatly place. I'm seriously not the 'I gotta have all the hot gear' guy, but I'm not gonna lie, I would type eq before I quit each time just so that set would stay on the screen. Lol. Then, over time my great set slowly dwindled away, Eachainn stoneshattered my Scepter of Domination (*fistshake*), I got rid of my Five Faces of Evil bracelet for reasons (Sorry Oryntohr), I gave my Ring of Regeneration away (because it's PURE EVIL!), and it finally culminated when I died and lost that sick ass crown. Damn that crown was badass...

It sucked a little bit, but I had that set for a long time, so I can't complain. And a couple of weeks after that I managed to get my hands on the stoneform amulet (Thanks Foratha for holding my hand through that. Lol.) And in all honesty, I really think my ending set that I had for a couple of months probibly made me much stronger then the set that looked really good. In all honesty, all Onya really needed to be super strong was about 1000 hps, about -70 saves vs spells,a decent exotic weapon to wield, and her A/B/S rods. The rest was all for show. Stoneform helped though. *grin*

That's pretty much Onya's timeline in a nutshell. I manage to kill an ass-load of people and limit my mistakes to a minimum. I counted 8 pk deaths, but I could be wrong. I did, however, manage to have an unusual amount of MOB deaths though. Normailly, I have very few, but my wand search took it's tole. I never did find my amber, btw, but if you're an invoker that knows where to look, you will never need it. Hell, I didn't even look for it after I foudn my black.

Luck of the Onya:

Holy shit! You have no idea how lucky Onya was. I've never had a character be so lucky. Hahaha. Twice. Not once, mind you, but TWICE I was stunned out inside the Spire by my own ring. Both times there were multiple Tribunals/Guards around me and BOTH times I got out alive. (Thanks Balta, you saved my ASS one of those times. I would have jumped through the computer and kissed you right on the toes if I could have.) That ring's stun is like 3 ticks btw.

Once I was being bashed down by a cloud giant tribunal who was given shields by Miyatzu while Miyztzi was dispelling me, and two sets of guards on me as well. The giant endded up missing one of his bashed outright and I made it outta there with like 200 hps.

There were other things as well that are harder to explain, like seeing the thief on the eastern road who has a trap planned for me, who stepped out of the shadows for just a second. Or just so happening to walk a defferent way than one of my cabal mates who tells me there is a trap waiting for me. I don't know who up there likes me, but thanks for saving my ass a few times. Lol.

Onya Stargaze: Roleplay

Onya Stargaze's role was based off the TV series Avatar: The Last Airbender. I was really into that series a couple of years ago when Onya was created, and she was modeled (somewhat) after Kitara from that show. Onya was brownish skinned, dark haired, blue eyed, and rocked blue robes at all times. She was born to a tribe of water folk to the far far north that lived off the water. If you never got a super creepy/super scary vibe from Onya, that was by design.

Onya Stargaze was just a girl who'se experienced in life and the things she saw around her made her heart grow cold. In her tribe, women were treated as les than men and had virtually no rights what-so-ever. Onya didn't agree with this and chose to rebel against it. When Onya was born, she was not breathing, and the moon blesser her with life, leaving a birthmark under her eye. From this blessing, she had certain powers, which later evolved into her becomming an invoker. She used her powers to trick people and offer sacrificed. Blah, blah, blah she chose to leave her tribe after her last sacrifice and travel to the place she had visions of. Our CF.

Onya was sphere: Fertility because her last sacrifice was her own child. She also cautorized her own womb with an iron poker so she could have no more children. She did this to earn favor with Sebeok. Her goal in life was to bring life and fertility to the world through death. Basically, by littering the ground with corpses. That's why she was so PK centered.

Onya Stargaze was cunning and smart. She wasn't about running in places and just blasting everything to dust, like some other invokers. That just wasn't her RP. Every time I thought to myself about trying the head-first approach, I always came to the same conclusion that Onya simply would never do that. A perfect Onya kill was one in which you had no idea she was even there. Perhaps, she finds you solo raiding or just walking through the woods, or on a road somewhere. She got satisfaction from outsmarting her opponent. If she could get you to come to the spirit to fight her, then she would. If she could find any way at all to get you into quicksand, then she would. It was much more-so about the hunt to Onya. Landing the kill was all that mattered. Which is why she would decline any arena fight offer. Also, that's why she would rarely fight paladin's and such if she knew they could simply word at any time. She would much prefer to wait for them to slip up somewhere, or be somewhere they shouldn't. I know this garnered alot of hate from Onya, but I would never break Onya's RP to make others happy.

Short aside:

To all the villagers out there who would scream at me: "Why you no fight." Let me be clear. Onya Stargaze had absolutely no RP reason to fight any villager that wasn't a minotaur,dwarf, or duergar. None at all. In fact, considering Onya's RP was all about bring life through death, and the fact that Ragers were so bloodthirsty, you guys were a good thing in Onya's eyes. If she did fight you, it was either because she respected you, she was bored, or because she just felt like it.

Invokers:

The Invoker class is the only class in the game that can truly be played perfectly, IMHO. A perfect invoker can be a complete BEAST with the ability to kill anyone and never die themselves. Obviously, I did not play a perfect invoker. But one day, perhaps I will. Invokers have a spell for every situation. A way to kill everyone. It just takes the skill and know-how to do it.

I always make 6 path invokers. That's just me. I like to specialize in certain paths. I'm also not afraid to put 3 into an affinity. (BUT NOT FIRE! Immolation is a bitch) As a six path invoker I got to hero at about 200 hours, but remember I stopped at level 38 and 44 to PK. So I'd say it really would have taken me about 150 or so hours if I really wanted to. Which is about the same as my warrio Danntruso, because I'm a practice junkie. Anyways 6 path isn't difficult and allows you versitility as well as an ability to specialize. I'm not saying I'm an Invoker genious or anything, but I do have around 1300 hours with the class after playing four of them, so I'll offer just a few rules I've picked up.

Rule one: If you decide to use an area spell. Always, always, ALWAYS be full A/B/S. In fact, I've gotten to the point where I'd just suggest not using them at all. Seriously, they will tend to only get you into further trouble. But if you truly must, then have A/B/S up. And always remember: Iceshards and Iceneedles ARE YOUR FRIENDS!

Rule two: Always be aware of your shield timers. I'm happy to report that breaking this rule only got me killed once. Usually that number is about 6-10. Everything is fine right now while you're fighting that orc you hate. You're thinking "Oh ho ho. Silly Orc, you cannot stand before my supreme magics. MUAHAHAHAH." Spinalbreaker. "Oh, no matter, let me simply type af to check my shield of electr... Oh Shit! 0 hours!" A few bashes later, dead. Yes, I know because It's happened to me... Not with Onya though.

Rule Three: Beware of curse. Etch it into your brain when you get cursed. There is nothing sadder then flee/wording only to remember you can't word. That half second before the village giant comes in and cranials you will be the saddest half second of your life. Also, it sucks to get entwined while cursed. My rule is usually to just not fight until curse wears off. I know this rule kinda goes for anyone, but no other character in the game is a punching bag like an invoker is, so keep that in mind.

Goodbyes: Onya was around for about two years, in that time I interacted with many of you over several different characters. I'll respond to each of them seperatly because they each had a different Impact on Onya's life.

Outlander:

Kotone: KOTONNNEEE!!! I felt bad that I never got the chance to say goodbye to you. When you deleted, i think I was out of town, or something like that and when I got back, your death thread was already on page 2, and I felt bad to post on it then. But I didn't want you to think I had forgotten you. Kotone probibly had the strongest Impact on Onya Stargaze's life of anyone ever. From lugging me all over Thera looking for wands, to helping me rank up. Kotone was Onya's first real friend, and man were we a dynamic duo when it came to PK. You and I worked so damn well together, I never forgot it. It really hurt when you deleted. They said you would only be on during full moons or something like that, but I never noticed that. And I swear you had to be on at other times, because we would play for hours and hours at a time, especially looking for wands... Anyways, I never forgot Kotone, and you lived on in Onya's memory at least. If it wasn't for you, Onya wouldn't have been nearly as strong, or if she was then it would have taken much much longer.

Balta: Balta is the SHIZNIT!!! You are a close second to Kotone in the impact on Onya's life. From the Old days when you and I were still ranking up, to the days where we were side by side battleing the Imperial hordes. Those were good times. Seriously, for like 2 months there, you and I were like the only Outlander's who played. But when we were on together, we still got shit done. I always felt that wgeb you were on, we could handle anyone. I also felt that in Onya's entire life, you probibly had the strongest impact on Outlander as well. Really, really solid character.

Salahrucid(Cid): Much like Balta, you had a seriously strong Impact on Outlander. You were one of those people that was just a pleasure to be around. You and I didn't get to run together as much as I would have liked, but you still had all the right stuff. Onya always missed you guys. If I remember correctly, your call was "OOOUUUUUU" or something like that.

Rasst: Ahhh the times we had. Silent but deadly Rasst. I always chuckle a bit when I think of you because I think of you as silent but deadly, which is also how I describe a poot. Which in CF terms would be: Rasst the poot of the wilds, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris Lol. But seriously, Rasst was quite possibly the strngest character I ever saw. Insect swarm + pounce = trouble for so so many people. Man o man was that a MEAN combo. Let's just say I was happy as hell you were on my side. I have a couple of brothers who play this game as well, and they told me that when you were on they had serious fear to go into the wilds. I don't think they ever said that about anyone else. I'm sure they weren't the only ones as well. You were one of the few people that didn't complement my skills, but rather, I complemented yours. Kudos, my friend.

Foratha: Just like I said before, we just fit well together, my friend, it just worked. We were both after the same thing, I think, to kill as many people as possible. You had more of a head first approach, but it still worked. You also taught me a few things about PK, and I like to think of myself as pretty skilled in that department. Kudos, and thanks for the trip to get Stoneform. I had NO IDEA what I was doing. Lol.

Nivaen: Nivaen was Onya's friend. You had a completely different impact on Onya's life than Balta did. With Nivaen, I saw Onya open up. I saw her laugh and smile. Onya before, was very serious, she was the Grim Invoker for crying out loud! But after she met you I noticed her allowing herself to laugh and be playful with people. Very very good times.

Garm: You are much like Rasst in many ways. I get alot of the same feelings from you that I for from him. Silent but deadly *snicker*. I remember watching you when you were level 40 and you were stalking those two Imperials in Darsylon. I remember thinking to myself: He'll probibly kill one of them or maybe send them both fleeing. Nope. You killed them both, in a total of two rounds, I think. Very very impressive stuff. After that, I watched you alot. Even when you probibly didn't know I was around. I'm also happy I could help out in getting you Nightreaver. It's well deserved.

Oryntohr: ORYN! Looks like I win... Or lose? Anyways, I'm first to die. I'll be waiting for you on the other side. We've been around together for so long now, and yet we really didn't get to run together much at all. I guess our playtimes just didn't match up well. Sorry I ganged you down a couple of times as Danntruso, but the thought of fighting you alone in the wilds made me shiver.

Yindathos: You have a very profound impact on Outlander. i can tell you from playing Danntruso as well as Onya, that your presence is not lost on the world. I'm happy you got Harbinger. You deserve it. But I still remember the time in the Imperial lands. Hahaha. I laugh whenever I think about it. Just try to see it from my perspective. So we take the codex, and are walking down the Imperial road. We see Krunk. At that very moment, all my shields fall, including my greater shield. So as I'm reshielding, Krunk is literally dragging you up and down the Imperial road. Lol. In my mind, you're looking at me the entire time like: What the fuck dude! Help me!" It's such a funny scenario in my mind that I just have to chuckle a bit whenever I think about it. But I COMPLETELY understand why you hauled ass like you did. From what I saw he was putting it to you pretty good. And I was stillr eshielding. But from my fights with Thrunna, I knew that fighting an orc without shields, is just not a good idea. I hope you didn't think I was trying to be an ass by talking about it afterwards. I guess its' kinda hard to convey that I'm cracking up behind the screen in a txt based game. Anyways, keep up the good work and keep kicking ass.

Zosi: I really respected Zosi alot. You just had an 'I don't give a fuck' attitude about you, and that was cool. When you were playing a lot, though, is when my playtime was cut down significantly, so we didn't get to run together as much as I would have liked.

Sissaryon: Onya really liked Sissaryon and I really enjoyed our banter as well. Your build was very solid and I can tell you from fighting you as Danntruso, that you were tough. I was looking forward to big things from you and was sad to see you deleted.

Barhzbree: I liked Barhzbree alot. We didn't get to run together much at all, but you had a build that I've been dying to try for some time. I had hoped to be the first one to make an animist look nasty in PK, but you beat me to it. I was completely surprised when I fought you with Danntruso, at how you kicked my ass IN GALADON. Your RP was exceptional as well. I was always looking for more meat for the Cauldron. *wink*

Riethen: Onya had very few Sunwarden allies, and she detested elves. However, Riethen grew on Onya. You were all about the hunt, which Onya just loved about you. I tried to keep my distance, but it was no use. Onyaw gre to like you. Don't tell her I said that, she'll kick my ass. *laughs*

Shura: Onya was so sure you'd turn on her at some point. You were so aggressive against evils, I was absolutely possitive I was going to have to deal with you at some point. I even tried to keep my being a reaver a secret until I got shields. I still remember the morning when I think it was Balta, announced over the cabal channel something like: "Ahh, it's good to see all branches accounted for." And proceeded to announce me as a reaver. You were like: "I didn't know you were a reaver, Onya." While you were typing that, I was hauling ass to a trap point I had for you, just knowing you were gonna gate to me at any moment. But you never did. I had alot of respect for Shura, and so did Onya.

Bronkgrm: I had fun running with you the times we got to. Again, having a mace spec on hand was awesome, being an invoker and all. I wish we had gotten to run together more, and maybe you would have been around a bit longer, or maybe I shouldn't have killed you that time... Haha. Sorry. Sadly, you weren't the last.

Orcs:

Thrunna: THRUNNA!!! *fistshake* *fume* *roar* Holy shit dude, you have no idea! You have no fucking idea how much I hated your guts. OOOOO it was a deep seething hatred. Unlike anything I knew before on this game. I wanted you DEAD. I would lay awake at night thinking up elaborate traps and scenarios to bring you down. I wanted it soo badly. How dare you! And Orc! To kill me.... TWICE!! LoL. I thought I would hate you forever and ever... Then you deleted. And I immediatly realized how much respect I had for you. And I was sad that I lost such an enemy that could make me feel such hate... Anyways, I've fought a lot of tough characters with Onya. Including 3 mummies. But they all pale in comparisson to how strong you were. It was very difficult for anyone to kill me, and you did it twice buddy. Kudos.

Krunk: You obviously have a lot of skill and talent to make an orc so deadly. I ran with you alot as Danntruso, and fought you a couple of times as Onya. So I know you're talented and It's not just the Imm love you get. I always wanted to kill Krunk, just as a sort of 'fuck you' to Thrunna, but it didn't happen. Btw, that scenario I described in Yindathos's goodbye was such a golden opportunity to kill me. I was a sitting duck. Na-na-na-boo-boo... You're extremely close to the level Thrunna was, but you're missing something... I can't put my finger on it...

Fortress:

Gurzgred: GURZGRED!!! My most awesome, respected, and AWESOME enemy. Man o man did we have some good times. At first I thought you were cake, but when you figured out your build and got full Maran, I made sure to be full A/B/S before every fight we had. And unlike these pansy marans these days, you fought me solo. No crying outta nowhere. Just you and me. You would usually impale me, throw a few misdirects my way, taking a few engulfs your way, then you'd run away. Very very few people could outrun me when I had insect swarm on them, and in the wilds, but you did it every time. Impressive. It got to the point that I liked you so much I wouldn't let anyone loot you. Then it got to the point that I liked you so much, I didn't even wanna kill you when you lost your powers. I would see you in the area, and just stand still. Hoping against hope that you'd just walk away... But no! LOL! Of course, here you come. Full head of steam. Lol! Like the soldiers in the old movies, proudly marching to their own deaths. It was beaufitul. Lol. Yeah, I have the deepest respect for O'l Gurzgred, so much so that I used your skin as my sack and water skin for the rest of my life. Out of respect, not to embarrass.

Gurzgred continued: However! You are the orchestrator of one of the biggest FAIL moments I've ever seen! I take you back, my friend, to the copse of trees off the eastern road. I see O'l Gurzgred acomming and I know he's commin for me. Lol. This was when i was still kicking your ass, so I didn't have up A/B/S. I figure to myself, Oh I'll just throw a couple of engulf's his way and he'll go running. You get there. I hit you with engulf, and I stack another ontop of it. You hit me with misdirect. I think to myself: "Whatever, I can take that." Then all of a sudden I get stunned by... His staff! Oh shit! Eagle inscribed staff! I panic. Flee, flee flee, c 'word of recall'.

Gurzgred continued: But remember I still have another engulf comming though first. A couple of rounds later and I'm at half health, the second engulf finally cones through. Another misdirect on top of it. About three rounds later I'm at like 150 health or somehing. I'm like: It's over. Holy shit, I'm about to die to Gurzgred (remember this is before I knew how good you were). I'm fucking decked, god only knows how much he's about to take. It's basically a done deal, all you gotta do is throw one more misdirect. No way I make it another round, LET ALONE TWO... OFFHAND DISARM!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Oh my God! I flee and word home. It took me a long time to realize you were going for my Staff of Wonders, but the sad thing about that is 1.) I wasn't holding my staff of wonders at the time and 2.) You coulda just taken it outta my cold dead corpse if you threw misdirect. Hahaha. Dude, you have no idea how much of a laugh I got outta that one. You made one mistake over the three character's I've known you through, and it cost you a kill.

Eachainn: I liked that scepter! *fistshake* :)

Drayden: I really wanted to bring you down, just once. But fighting you was before I figured out Shamans, so it just didn't happen.

V-something bard in Maran: I forget your name, but that kill you had on my was either one of the most perfectly orchestrated kills I've ever seen, or pure dumb luck. I still haven't figured out which it was, but I like to think it was skill. First, you lure me to just in-front of the chicken house-thingy just off the eastern. Then you symphonic echos me to get me to use area spells, then you run into the chicken house-thingy where I run in casting cone of cold, only to find out that the patrons there are a bit nasty. I die. Damn. It was a thing of beauty.

Scion:

Mharlndarn: I remember you wrote in your goodbye about me, something about me not fighting you. Well, here's the thing. When you pop out on me outta nowhere when I don't have A/B/S up and you do, spamming neuro neuro neuro, you pretty much leave me one choice. That's flee, word, and return with A/B/S up. And every time I did that, by the time I got back, either you were gone, or you didn't come out of duo. My point is, you leave me very little choice when you pop out like that.

Narissorin: Much like Mharlndarn. When you flyto me completely unexpected, you pretty much leave me with the choice of flee, word, or chameleon. Or all three. Either way, it's not the way to get a kill on Onya. Maybe someone ranking or something. Other than that, I enjoyed our encounters. :)

Fjodir: You are one of very few A-P's to give me troubles. Man, that weapon was big. And I swear to god, you didn't miss a sinlge deafen on me. Of course, when you deafen me, you force me to run away, but still. It was effective. That time, however, when I fought you and Zynzyn at the nightwalker was extremely close. If either of the two curse arrempts Zynzyn threw at me had taken effect, then I would have been running out of mvs (fast), deafened, and cursed with two scions hot on my ass. People on Dio's don't understand that it doesn't matter how many hps an invoker has when they can't do shit. An Invoker is just a punching bag without spells. And without Mvs, I would have been done for. Whew.

Nexans:

Allysia: Onya really really liked Allysia. Like I said, Allysia had a lot to do with how Onya viewed Nexans in general. Onya saw Allysia as a hunter, and therefore sort of a kindred spirit. Thus, other Nexans could be kindred spirits as well. I enjoyed our RP sessions as well.

Solec: Much like Allysiea, Solec also helped shape Onya's view of Nexans, as well. Solec brought a more intellectual approach, though. Onya saw Solec as a friend she could speak to about matters pertaining to chaos and balance, and such. I still remember our first encounter, when I had no idea what to make of you. Turns our you were pretty impactful.

Kii: I appreciate you telling me about the previous Stargaze that was in Outlander. I had no idea there was another. I thought I was being all original and stuff. Oh well.

Battleragers:

Salyeris: I LOVED our fights, I really really did. Especially that one in the northern mountains, that I posted. They really got the heart pumping. Our talks were very very interesting as well, and showed me that your RP is quite solid. Keep doing that you're doing buddy.

Atracius: I enjoyed our talks and our fight as well. Thanks for indulging me and not hitting me with the udual rager babel.

Tontik: You got it correct buddy. There wasn't a thing I could do with you, but that went for a lot of ragers. Usually, if I couldn't get the immolation off by the third try, I would just leave. And if you thirsted, then I was super out.

Akedeh: I really enjoyed our fights as well. They ere fun as hell, and we had an interesting banter going as well. By my count, though, you sent me packing more, but I got the one and only kill between us. BOOYA! :)

Sivyh: An extremely tough character for most, but I had your number for the most part. HOWEVER! That time you tried to assassinate me in the northern mountains was COMPLETELY unexpected. Haha. I was like: "Holy shit!" I was sitting there for so long, you must have gotten like 6 stalks off on me. I was extremely lucky you missed. I pride myself on avoiding assassinations. In fact, In like the last 6 or 7 years I've probibly only been assassinated like 3 times. But you definatly almost got me. Luck of the Onya strikes again. After that I realized you had figured our my barrier location, and I never went back when I saw you on. :)

Targrala: Man o man did I want you dead. I wanted that dragonkind pendant so bad I could tastre it! I tried everything in the Onya Stargaze handbook to bring you down, but you elluded me at every turn. You even came to the tree a couple of times to retrieve, and I couldn't get you. You were one slippery giant. And strong as hell to boot! Kudos.

Kurbrawn: You were slippery too. I guess you figured out not to carry much when fighting me, because Quicksand was basically useless against you. I had a lot of respect for you becuase of Danntruso, though, so when I finally did kill you, I didn't loot anything.

Gvantulak: I really enjoyed our fights. Each and every one of them. You and your horde vs. me and whoever I had with me at the time. Great times. Some of the greatest of Onya's life. You took the whole thing well, I remember. You never got angry or all screamy at me. Even when I looted you guys pretty good when you died at the tree. FYI, I had just died that very night, so I looted so hard because I was feeling kinda bad at the time.

Zasowski: Much the same as Gvantulak. We had a cool relationship that was kinda comical at times. I killed you a couple of times, but don't feel bad, bards were just a bad match-up against Onya. In her entire lifespan only Salyeris was really a challenge, and keep in ming he/she(?) is a villager.

Cawr: Cleave. Cleave? CLEAVE!!! Son of a bitch! Lol. Of all things I was expecting to happen, that was the last thing man. Seriously, my jaw dropped. Literally dropped at my computer. I was like: "Are you fucking kidding me?" But no. No one was fucking kidding me. Lol. Anyways we had some fun fights, and that's one moment that I can look back on and laugh at, from Onya's past. Kudos.

Yarglen: I will say more in Danntruso's goodbye, but Onya liked what she saw from Yarglen, and our talks were good as well. Well played.

Jharazoul: Wow man. You were seriously NASTY. Me, Kotone, and Balta would spend hours throwing spell after spell, commune after commune at you and nothing worked. You would just sit there, heal up, let your shadowtabbies do all the work, and laugh at us (at least in my mind, you were laughing). I mean serisouly, you were SICK. Whatever happened to you? One minute, you're kicking our asses, the next minute you stop playing completely. Anyways, if anyone is looking to make a rediculously strong healer, take a page from this guys. Btw, I don't know if you remember this, but you helped Onya max out parry when she was level 17. You walked up on me in my practice spot and asked if I wanted help... Onya, being Chaotic/Evil and all was like... "Sure." I always found that kinda funny.

Liosthen: Much like Jharazoul, but instead of being a solo nasty healer, you made evryone aroud you nasty. You were a real pain in my side. *fistshake* :)

Tribunal:

Naija: Damn did you ever piss me off. :) That fucking archon was rediculous. You could raid against me, take the fetish and do it all solo. That was annoying. Eventually, I stopped being a dumb ass and realized I needed to windwall the archon, but still, it was annoying for a time. I was never in any real danger of dying of course, and I could always retake the fetish pretty easily, but you sure could kick me around. It's funny you were a Twist follower. I could spill my conspiracy theory, but it'll sound too crazy.

Grigor: You were a real pain in my side. That is all.

Dijur: I liked Dijur. You came against me all the time, like a proper vindicator. Props. My only advice is to use bloody shackles more. I think in the several times we fought, you only used it on me once. It's sooo damned good.

Fzoarn: Funny enough, I think Onya is the only person who didn't completely hate you. I thought you were annoying, but at least you would try to come against us at times.

Scarab:

Dvalygg: You are a tough SoB. I think there were three of us trying to take you down that night on the ocean, but we simply could not hold you in place. And what makes it really sad, is in the time we were resting up from fighting you, you managed to kill like 3 marans or something. Lol. Kudos.

Immortals:

Once again I have to offer my thanks and deepest admiration for continueing to work on and support a game that surely offers you little monetary reward. I think the Immortal staff doesn't hear the praise they deserve sometimes, so I like to offer it when I can.

To the Immortal who offered thos kind words on the cabal channel a few weeks ago, I say a special thanks. Kind words like that from an immortal can go a long way with a character, and that was the case with me. It just shows that what you do is seen and respected by the Gods, which is cool.

I forget now who gave me the RC win, but it was my first and I was really happy to get it. I put alot of time into the role and I really liked it myself. Thanks. I think it was Nrekya, or maybe Nae nae. I forget now. But thanks, it was much appreciated.

That's it for me. If I missed you in the goodbye's I'm very sorry, but try to remember that Onya was around for2 years or more, and my memory isn't so great. Shoot me a post and I'll reply.

-Onya Stargaze, Danntruso Bonegnaw, Kahkrove Durmeil, Sarafennia, Olviera Stormgale, Valdora Bon'Durdin, Karjiin Darkfeather, and many many many others.
Subject Author Views Posted

Onya Stargaze: Goodbye's and thoughts. (Long)

K-B 519 April 14, 2012 11:50PM

: Onya Stargaze The one that got away, again and again and again and again :)

wishore 194 April 17, 2012 06:27AM

So you were Gleebrok and Mhag.

K-B 206 April 17, 2012 09:00AM

fantastic run

morocco 180 April 17, 2012 02:26AM

Thanks alot.

K-B 143 April 17, 2012 06:17AM

Just one question, I only ever had 1 interaction with you

Sugabear 262 April 15, 2012 08:24AM

Onya wasn't interested in fighting just to fight.

K-B 267 April 15, 2012 08:38AM

Loved Onya. One of my favourite characters to interact with.

BattleCharmed 165 April 15, 2012 05:46AM

Appreciated. I enjoyed it as well. nt

K-B 137 April 15, 2012 08:06AM

Zrrrrrrrrg. n/t

jalim 113 April 15, 2012 05:11AM

That was 3 of my chars in that goodbye, you sure did live a long time!

deriveh 167 April 15, 2012 02:42AM

It's funny how everyone thinks Danntruso took time from Onya...

K-B 197 April 15, 2012 08:34AM

Or

Gaplemo 195 April 15, 2012 09:35PM

He had a role. He should be applauded for living to until Age-Death. Whine whine whine. nt nt

crafteddeception 117 April 15, 2012 09:39PM

You are an illiterate fool. None of what I said had anything to do with a role. (n/t)

Gaplemo 103 April 16, 2012 12:50AM

I'm sorry, what constitutes whining for you?

Artificial 156 April 15, 2012 09:47PM

Most of what Gaplemo posts.

crafteddeception 157 April 15, 2012 09:57PM

Yeah Nep seemed to love his I'm a giant pussy role. :P (n/t)

ORB 97 April 15, 2012 09:43PM

I think you read Nep's post wrong.

crafteddeception 160 April 15, 2012 09:55PM

Either way he was a big pussy. Of course I'm sure his outlander BFF's loved him. (n/t)

ORB 97 April 15, 2012 10:37PM

Lol. And the hater party continues.

K-B 194 April 16, 2012 11:00AM

Zaan and Pyrox only ones around during that time, and you wouldn't come out of the woods with Zaan around.

ORB 186 April 16, 2012 12:35PM

Typical situation. You hold the Scepter, me or me+somebody comes to reraid, you don't come, we continue and take fetish, you don't come. n/t

kostyan 126 April 15, 2012 01:17AM

Bullshit dude. I do not remember that at all.

K-B 213 April 15, 2012 08:04AM

Just ignore Kostyan like the rest of us. Life will become much more enjoyable. (n/t)

BattleCharmed 125 April 15, 2012 05:40PM

Sure sure, the truth hurts. Just close your eyes and go back to magic pony land. n/t

kostyan 109 April 15, 2012 08:47PM

I love magic pony land.

BattleCharmed 164 April 16, 2012 05:06AM

Don't hj the thread. I am more proud of backstabbing and anatheming you.

kostyan 226 April 16, 2012 05:30AM

Re: Sure sure, the truth hurts. Just close your eyes and go back to magic pony land. n/t

RobDarken 193 April 15, 2012 08:52PM

Definitely this. (n/t)

BattleCharmed 99 April 16, 2012 05:09AM

And I remember that clear. You never defended unless you had advantage aka 2 raiders 3 defenders. And thats lol. End of story. n/t

kostyan 122 April 15, 2012 08:08AM

Logs or it never happened. (n/t)

alansmithee 108 April 16, 2012 04:46AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 138
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024