I have some issues with the terms fallible and infallible as is.

June 10, 2009 04:51PM
Man is fallible? All right - What isn't?

One of the most unattractive things about religion is how weak their gods are. Somehow these Gods, all of them(Save a few, especially your sexy pantheistic ones) are all powerful and all knowing. I see some common sense issues with things being as they're so powerful.

Some of the more commonly cited and obvious - Disease, death BLAH BLAH BLAH choose something negative and stick that there.
Gods normally represent who worship them.
Every people are the chosen of their God.
There are SO many religions, what makes one more correct? (Especially when none have proof)
Flies are annoying creatures, what kind of KIND God would make them?(Portable Atheist reference - Mark Twain wrote an amazingly funny refutation of religion based on this simple statement. It is titled "Thoughts of God" really fun read. Link for it: [skeptically.org] - Scroll down to 'thoughts of god'.)
You've got a powerful God who, mainly in western beliefs, created people. He creates them with the potential to go to Hell. This, to me, sounds like an author(of a book) who draws things out with ridiculous stupidity and angst without need. God COULD just create us perfect as is, especially being as he is so forgiving and made us in his image(Wonder how big his cock is....Oh wait, I was being serious...Back to that - In his image? Is he as 'sinful' as we are? That whole original sin nonsense seems bogus and entirely 'unfair' when looked at.)
God is all knowing. He knows present, past, and future. He knows what we'll do before we're born. Before I am born, my fate is decided. I have NO free will. It is all ready written. That sucks.
God is all powerful. He could easily prove to us all he exists, but refuses to? People have told me that it's too easy that way and he prefers to be sought out. What the fuck kind of God is that? "I'll be an asshole to everyone...That'll convert them to me". What? No way. He COULD prove his existence, but does not(Notice how much I use 'he' - That's my whole preference for masculine authority figures. Did I want to fuck my dad?). Why not? Well, maybe it is a test. Why put a test in place when he all ready know how each and every person will do and creates us all(some of us with purposefully made frailties and weaknesses and disadvantages)? This, to me, seems silly. I could do a better job than THIS God. Really. I'd prove I exist and guide them all to the 'right' lifestyle rather than make it hard for all of them -why? Because I'm a nice god.
God also seems to love to take people to heaven AFTER they die. Let's save time and just take us now. How about before we're even born? How about just no evil in the first place? Wait a second...That makes too much sense and it is MUCH more interesting to have this incredibly looping story for god.

See some of my issues? So many things are telling me "lolwut" when I hear these stories. I see people get converted and I feel BAD for them. Why? Because they've just surrendered their minds. They no longer latch on to reality, but instead this fairy-tale'esque idea. Now, if you can prove to me that God exists I WILL take all of this back and stick my foot into my mouth. I've done it before about other subjects and I've got no issue with it.

Why, also, would God choose to speak only to certain people? Much less only in people's heads? Prayer just seems silly. Especially when you look at what it does. "Rather than actually do something realistically to help someone, I'm going to pray for them and pretend I did something good." You can pray for the guy who is in a financially horrible situation, but I'll hand him 1k. Who did more?

I've also taken the time to test the strength of some of my acquaintances gods. It is a simple test to show me how strong their divinity is. They pray(Power of prayer, they tell me, is the strongest power) that the penny I drop won't hit the floor. After doing this 20 times, the result always seems to be the same. The penny hits the floor. Does this proof God doesn't exist? I don't think so. It just means that God can't stop a penny. It's his one weakness. He can do nickles, perhaps, or maybe even quarters - But pennies? Seems to be a failure. People I've done this with told me that God wouldn't waste his time stopping the penny. Why not? I thought he was beyond time and all powerful. It is just a penny. Really. If he stops it, I'll convert. I'm promising him my eternal worship for this simple action. A 2 year old kid could stop the penny from hitting the floor just by getting in the way. God can't even seem to do that.

I've tried praying. I have. When I was a 'kid', I left church because I didn't hear voices. I even got 'taunted' by the other children my age for not being able to hear voices in my head. I wanted to hear. I really did. I wanted to be strong and special like all the other kids. I tried. but I just couldn't lie about it. I heard nothing, and I got nothing. Am I not worthy? Was I all ready too sinful? I don't get it, but you can guess that this didn't help prove to me how great god is.

Anyway, I'm blabbering........So let's finish this with seriousness: Want to sniff my quivering kebunger?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 04:53PM by Batman.
Subject Author Posted

So I have said to the hell of my born family,.......

tyin June 08, 2009 05:49PM

Read Satan Burger. You'll laugh and hate yourself.

Batman June 10, 2009 12:31PM

Re: So I have said to the hell of my born family,.......

Isildur(VIP) June 09, 2009 09:16AM

Lye June 09, 2009 10:03AM

Isildur(VIP) June 09, 2009 01:19PM

This book, along with a collection of other books,

The Forsaken(VIP) June 09, 2009 06:52AM

Have you read this book?

_Magus_ June 09, 2009 06:04PM

Yah.

The Forsaken(VIP) June 10, 2009 12:13PM

You're fucking joking.

Batman June 10, 2009 12:18PM

I'm not.

The Forsaken(VIP) June 10, 2009 12:55PM

I took an entire University level course on Christianity in the ancient world.

zen June 17, 2009 05:53PM

I own multiple bibles including a corny teenage one.

Batman June 10, 2009 01:03PM

I believe in God, but I'm agnostic.

Sam June 10, 2009 04:26PM

I have some issues with the terms fallible and infallible as is.

Batman June 10, 2009 04:51PM

Mark Twain: Thoughts of God -- Really worth the read if you haven't read it before. Enjoy.

Batman June 10, 2009 05:00PM

On Mark Twain.

The Forsaken(VIP) June 10, 2009 05:23PM

Well, I'm banned again. So don't much expect our conversation to go any further.

Eterlu June 12, 2009 05:57PM

I have.

PaulO June 09, 2009 09:34PM

Stuff

PaulO June 09, 2009 06:39AM

Great Advise!

Seilclavin June 09, 2009 08:24AM

Family Ties

The Baron June 09, 2009 03:11AM

Biology

abernyte June 09, 2009 01:17AM

Some ideas to help you out

Mek June 08, 2009 08:18PM

Many therapists who specialize in suicide prevention recommend picking up a new hobby.

Splntrd June 08, 2009 07:29PM

That's too much work, just smoke it. nt

Rogue June 08, 2009 07:36PM

Maybe, but he'll be contributing to society if he grows.

Splntrd June 08, 2009 08:09PM

Snack foods: made in Taiwan nt

Rade June 11, 2009 08:49AM

Preach On brotha, preach on! nt

Rogue June 09, 2009 02:41AM

You can start with not looking to other people for your own happiness

Rogue June 08, 2009 07:00PM

Biological family isn't really that important.

Starscream June 08, 2009 06:40PM

Well damn.

Forsooth June 08, 2009 06:09PM

tuy June 08, 2009 06:08PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 133 April 26, 2024